Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

I'm looking for information about Lotus elise

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
I'm looking for information about Lotus elise

Hi

I'm looking for information about Lotus elise.

About the chassis (alu +epoxy), I'm looking for draw or all information

Old 05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QTC
Hi

I'm looking for information about Lotus elise.

About the chassis (alu +epoxy), I'm looking for draw or all information
what?
you mean something like this?
Lotus Elise Technical Specification

Old 05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
It's nice, but I already know that, I'm looking for the industrial drawing of the chassis. I want to know if it's possible to create a scoof (Edit I will say a scoop) under the car.

Last edited by QTC; 05-18-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
WTF is a scoof?

for me a scoof sounds like what would happen if TB, Alzilla, and M5Kid were all in the same room at the same time.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:44 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
Sorry It's my mistake I'm French so sometime I forget some word in english

I will mean a scoop, to take some fresh air into the engine, in fact it's isn't on a lotus elise, but it's the same chassis (Opel Speedster)

Old 05-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QTC
Sorry It's my mistake I'm French so sometime I forget some word in english

I will mean a scoop, to take some fresh air into the engine, in fact it's isn't on a lotus elise, but it's the same chassis (Opel Speedster)
You mean a NACA duct under the car to feed more air into the engine? I think you'd be better off just fitting the roof scoop the Exige uses instead. The Elise/Exige has a completely flat undertray which definitely contributes negative lift (not the same as downforce) to the car and helps it handle as well as it does. I'd be very hesitant to add a duct or scoop to the bottom of the car and mess with the flow.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
Yes it is a NACA duct !!

ON the Opel speedster, the engine is a 2 liters turbo, The engine is in rear of the car, so I will cut a hole in the chassis to create a venturi effect with speed, to refresh the engine, because with the upgrade of turbo, there are too much heat, after 30 miles on racetrack, the motor oil was black !!!!

The fresh will increase the yield of the engine, by refresh air into intercooler

Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
I want ze scoof

Old 05-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
I scoop near the ground is probably not the best idea. The ground on a tarmac track is going to be hot - and will heat the air that it is in close proximity with. You don't want warm air to go into your intercooler.

Roof or side scoops are the way to go.

Good luck.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
Side scoops are really ugly on this car, but I have already think about roof scoop, but I will study both choice, that why I looking of the industrial drawing of the chassis.

Quick Reply: I'm looking for information about Lotus elise