Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aston-martin-jaguar-lotus/)
-   -   I'm looking for information about Lotus elise (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aston-martin-jaguar-lotus/23400-im-looking-information-about-lotus-elise.html)

QTC 05-17-2009 04:46 PM

I'm looking for information about Lotus elise

Hi

I'm looking for information about Lotus elise.

About the chassis (alu +epoxy), I'm looking for draw or all information

STLG 05-17-2009 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by QTC (Post 321231)
Hi

I'm looking for information about Lotus elise.

About the chassis (alu +epoxy), I'm looking for draw or all information

what?
you mean something like this?
Lotus Elise Technical Specification

QTC 05-18-2009 04:05 PM

It's nice, but I already know that, I'm looking for the industrial drawing of the chassis. I want to know if it's possible to create a scoof (Edit I will say a scoop) under the car.

SLC4S 05-18-2009 04:08 PM

WTF is a scoof?

for me a scoof sounds like what would happen if TB, Alzilla, and M5Kid were all in the same room at the same time.

QTC 05-18-2009 05:44 PM

Sorry It's my mistake I'm French so sometime I forget some word in english

I will mean a scoop, to take some fresh air into the engine, in fact it's isn't on a lotus elise, but it's the same chassis (Opel Speedster)

Alzilla 05-18-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by QTC (Post 321956)
Sorry It's my mistake I'm French so sometime I forget some word in english

I will mean a scoop, to take some fresh air into the engine, in fact it's isn't on a lotus elise, but it's the same chassis (Opel Speedster)

You mean a NACA duct under the car to feed more air into the engine? I think you'd be better off just fitting the roof scoop the Exige uses instead. The Elise/Exige has a completely flat undertray which definitely contributes negative lift (not the same as downforce) to the car and helps it handle as well as it does. I'd be very hesitant to add a duct or scoop to the bottom of the car and mess with the flow.

QTC 05-19-2009 12:20 PM

Yes it is a NACA duct !!

ON the Opel speedster, the engine is a 2 liters turbo, The engine is in rear of the car, so I will cut a hole in the chassis to create a venturi effect with speed, to refresh the engine, because with the upgrade of turbo, there are too much heat, after 30 miles on racetrack, the motor oil was black !!!!

The fresh will increase the yield of the engine, by refresh air into intercooler

Dave S 05-19-2009 12:32 PM

I want ze scoof

JCay 05-20-2009 09:03 PM

I scoop near the ground is probably not the best idea. The ground on a tarmac track is going to be hot - and will heat the air that it is in close proximity with. You don't want warm air to go into your intercooler.

Roof or side scoops are the way to go.

Good luck.

QTC 05-21-2009 12:08 PM

Side scoops are really ugly on this car, but I have already think about roof scoop, but I will study both choice, that why I looking of the industrial drawing of the chassis.