Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Coupé from Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Viewing the C coupe Black today was a very long day but well worth it . AMG rep said 600 world wide . 66 cars (!) only to UK .
Chassis stiffer than CLK . Significantly faster than CLK .
Did notice and told them the interior not as bespoke as the CLK ( mercedes rep agreed ) . Its like ( no offence ) the USA CLK black with normal door cards and side airbags etc etc
Very well made mind you with a great feeling steering wheel .
Prices not 100 per cent but looks like over 100 000 POUNDS STERLING basic .
Telemetry function is absolutely fantastic , times car on track ( with actual track graphics ) , acceleration , g forces etc

it sounded absolutely great , revy raspy and sls like . engine seems to rev much faster than clk and throttle more immediate .

He did not have any info on us cars im afraid but he seemed to think they would be different but didn't specify how . I think your cars are significantly heavier , I think you have glass pan roofs and comfort seats with more electrics ( sound systems etc ).
He told me euro mags that have driven it ( Euro cars ) and have raved about it and the reviews will be very favourable . apparently being touted by the press as the best handling merc ever and " even better than the mighty CLK Black series ".
Yummy .

Old 11-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
We do get the long end of the stick it seems for many models because we have some of the most stringent standards on the planet. As a result, the incoming models have most of the best parts taken out. You're right "diluting" the brand probably was too strong a statement in this case. I was just thinking about the exclusivity factor. They're trying to make these models available to the mainstream but I guess there's a fine line between making too many or too little available.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
some one mentioned this car to be priced at 100g usd, that got my hopes up, but thinkin about it no way that could be true, there use to be an slk55bs at the dealers it was a little above 160g usd

Old 11-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
i'd love to see one in this color

Old 11-18-2011, 07:58 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
I have a place in Florida and wanted a Black series for there ( a white one would have been nice ) . It was advertised for about 80 k , it sold for " somewhere in the sixties " a day before we viewed it .

I think if that car was anything to go buy they have not held values well in the usa at all .
exactly my point that some on here don't seem to get.

good to see you posting btw

Old 11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dblnklamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Nath4N
i'd love to see one in this color

Me too!!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
me three

Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
doos is an unknown quantity at this point
the track package gives the special dunlop tyres and active cooling for LSD...

so what happens when u need to change new tyres??? i checked with my tyre supplier and they have no information on that new tyre yet....

Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by doos
the track package gives the special dunlop tyres and active cooling for LSD...

so what happens when u need to change new tyres??? i checked with my tyre supplier and they have no information on that new tyre yet....
They are not on general release yet . Will be better when they are .

Old 11-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
I clearly have too much time on my hands

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Coupé from Laguna Seca