Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Painted seatbacks on my SLK55 AMG, mod help with ferrari colour code

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
bro why don't you try to Foil them? it would be easier to remove if you don't like it and there is no way it ca be scratched as well.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:18 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by edbhr
bro why don't you try to Foil them? it would be easier to remove if you don't like it and there is no way it ca be scratched as well.
It wont stick well, because its not a straight surface and even if it can be done it wont be 100% perfect as it will peel away.
Plus I am waiting for my red seatbelts to arrive, quiet happy because there isnt any 55 I've seen with red factory seatbelts, therefore I will have to wait and see if I could find something to match the red of the belts because its brighter than the red leather on my car.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 11-23-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
I'd leave the seats black because of reasons already mentioned. Might be the pics but your interior looks factory fresh though, amazing for a 3 year old car!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
I'd leave the seats black because of reasons already mentioned. Might be the pics but your interior looks factory fresh though, amazing for a 3 year old car!
That's very kind of you, actually I get it professionally detailed every 6 months and detail it my self once a month or so...I take good care of it.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Here you go
That looks great - good job!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
It's going to look amazing. Don't forget to post pictures when it's done.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
AMGFanatic
Thank you Hernando, I've ordered the seatbelts last week so 3 more weeks or so. The dealership over here gets parts not individually, in a container cheaper for them so my part will be included with the rest of the parts they order.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Thank you Hernando, I've ordered the seatbelts last week so 3 more weeks or so. The dealership over here gets parts not individually, in a container cheaper for them so my part will be included with the rest of the parts they order.

Well that has to make you more impatient. I'm sure you'll be even happier when you finally get them. Are you finally going to paint the seat backs red?? I can't wait to see it.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Hernando
Well that has to make you more impatient. I'm sure you'll be even happier when you finally get them. Are you finally going to paint the seat backs red?? I can't wait to see it.
I hope to do that whenever it goes in for the service dept for a makeover, ..I cannot wait as well...you think rossa corsa will be too bright ?