Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Painted seatbacks on my SLK55 AMG, mod help with ferrari colour code

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Painted seatbacks on my SLK55 AMG, mod help with ferrari colour code

Hello,

So whilst day dreaming today, I noticed that I've got a plastic black cover behind my seat that could be painted "red". I was inspired by the C63 I saw at the performance studio website on AMG which had the whole back painted white to match the interior trim which was also in white. The part I am mentioning is in the middle it is rounded by a silver magnesium trim "frame".

So basically the seat back will be painted like those you see on adaptive sports on the Porsche's, but will be more subtle as it will be not as noticeable. I think it will give it a nice personal touch as I have not seen any one on the SLK forum who has done this, so its an individualistic addition that just doesn't need parts to be replaced just painted.

Here is a picture of the seat from Behind, would rossa corsa look exceptional or do I need a slightly darker hue. I want a colour out of the ferrari paint sample.

Judging from my interior red hue, what colour would go well rossa corsa or the slightly darker shade of red that is offered. Pics of cars with those colours and other suggestions are welcome.

I am waiting to see if the red seat belts can be possible to install, most likely yes but I'll wait and see as there are some items I am willing to fiddle with such as red leather covered roll bars and an alacantra headliner in the near future.

I am just happy that the performance parts are long done, so my focus is on the interior now which is where I will spend most of my time in, whilst keeping the exterior as stock looking as possible..."low profile"

Thank you in advance, appreciate your input!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
hmm, your seat back is going to be pushed against the back. so this wont be seen anyways. why would you bother?

i am not a big fan of the red inserts but since you like it, i'd think red seat back could match. personally, i think it works well for cabs that have room behind the seats to show it. otherwise, they would just get scratched up eventually and remain unseen.

that trim around the seat back looks interesting. is it painted plastic? it looks fake in the picture but I'd paint that piece to the porsche alum look color if I were do to anything.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Mo you need to bring you car to a painters shop and have him mix and have him spray out different shades on pieces of paper, then you can decide.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go

Attached Images  

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 11-18-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure the back rest doesn't touch anything. In my wife's Boxtser the backrests are painted, got all scratched up, had to repaint them and had to put clear bra on them to prevent furture scratching when the seat is all the way back. Talking about spending on something you can hardly see.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Here you go
Hot but cant be done the silver trim cannot be painted because its light magnesium and the paint cannot stay as the service tech told me so its opposite if you dont mind doing the middle in red and the rest in silver I would be very thankful.

Why do I want to paint it, because I care I dont mind it if I am the only one that notices it but it completes the interior. Side note 99% of the time no body sits in the passenger seat as its my garage queen/ sometimes "weekend" car so the seat wont go back and get scratched.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 11-18-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
How about wrapping it in the same red leather that is in the car. The problem with red paint is that it will never perfectly match the leather so it may be weird. Also, how about painting it body color.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cayennes2083
How about wrapping it in the same red leather that is in the car. The problem with red paint is that it will never perfectly match the leather so it may be weird. Also, how about painting it body color.

Uhh, the car is black, so are the seat backs.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:18 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Cayennes2083
Its hard to find matching red leather.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:04 PM
AMGFanatic
Just placed an order for Red seat belts cannot wait, 3 more weeks.

Quick Reply: Painted seatbacks on my SLK55 AMG, mod help with ferrari colour code