Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

R & T Tests the SL65 BS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
AMG_Black, don't get too testy my man. You have made some very bold claims in here. Nobody hopes they are true more than me because I would love to see actual pics of that awesome ride. But you can understand people's skepticism. I offerred to come up and snap some shots for you - that would put it to rest. But if you don't do something to show that the pics are actually of YOUR car, it will always remain suspect. Print out a big TS on a piece of paper and hold it up in the front of the car and scan your spec sheet. That should silence the madding crowd.

In the end, you don't have to prove anything to us. We don't have some sort of right to know anything about you or your life. But if you plan on being a part of our little playground here, it would go a long way if you showed that you are the real deal. My offer still stands. Meet me at the Cheesecake Factory on Beverley Drive. I will treat you to lunch. Then you snap a shot of me in front of the car with my camera (everyone here knows what my fat ass looks like) and that will be the end of it. 45 minutes tops. You get to prove yourself, I get to see one of my dream cars and you get a free lunch! Everybody wins.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Banned
AMG_Black has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Barrister
AMG_Black, don't get too testy my man. You have made some very bold claims in here. Nobody hopes they are true more than me because I would love to see actual pics of that awesome ride. But you can understand people's skepticism. I offerred to come up and snap some shots for you - that would put it to rest. But if you don't do something to show that the pics are actually of YOUR car, it will always remain suspect. Print out a big TS on a piece of paper and hold it up in the front of the car and scan your spec sheet. That should silence the madding crowd.

In the end, you don't have to prove anything to us. We don't have some sort of right to know anything about you or your life. But if you plan on being a part of our little playground here, it would go a long way if you showed that you are the real deal. My offer still stands. Meet me at the Cheesecake Factory on Beverley Drive. I will treat you to lunch. Then you snap a shot of me in front of the car with my camera (everyone here knows what my fat ass looks like) and that will be the end of it. 45 minutes tops. You get to prove yourself, I get to see one of my dream cars and you get a free lunch! Everybody wins.
I'll take the pic with a TS sign then. The car came in a little while ago and is absolutely stunning. And speaking of BH, the car is there right now at the BHPD because the GM of my dealer went to take it to show his brother who is a cop there. He was just over earlier but had to leave early because he had stuff to take care of. I appreciate your offer and would love to sometime when I'm not too busy. Do you live in BH?

Old 02-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMG_Black
I'll take the pic with a TS sign then. And speaking of BH, the car is there right now at the BHPD because the GM of my dealer went to take it to show his brother who is a cop there. He was just over earlier but had to leave early because he had stuff to take care of. I appreciate your offer and would love to sometime when I'm not too busy. Do you live in BH?

You better get a few free passes on speeding tickets for that detour my friend!

No. I live in Orange County. But would be happy to make the drive. Go and enjoy your new ride brother. Forget about the forum for now.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
The GM took your car from your house to the police station to show his brother before you got a chance to snap a shitty cell phone pic!? I soooo hope you are the real deal.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
And just to whet all of our appetites, let me bring back one of my oldies but goodies . . .

This is actually my car. I just lent it to the LA Autoshow and then to Barack Obama for a year.

Mercedes SL65 AMG Black at LA Auto Show on Vimeo

Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
How do you feel about this Dana? Hopes still up?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I sure as hell hope he is legit. But the story about the GM taking the car to show his cop brother was a bit much. I would wring that GM's neck.

Time will tell. But with this, I almost have to see it with my own eyes before I will believe it.

I can honestly say that I will be let down in a BIG way if he doesn't somehow prove it to us.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
That car was the most unexpected of all cars coming out last year. It's a benz that I'm craving for and that feels a bit weird. It's just so cool.

How are those pics coming along AMG

Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
I still love this car!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
saw it at the Autoshow here yesterday.....wow what a car

Quick Reply: R & T Tests the SL65 BS