Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Thinking of selling Mac Tower and 30" monitor

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:49 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Thinking of selling Mac Tower and 30" monitor

I have an almost never used Mac Tower and 30" Apple Monitor..

I only bought such a high end computer for my photography but I have not been using it enough to justify the space it is taking up.

I am considering selling both pieces and getting a 24" iMac to replace it.

What you all think?

I am pretty much glued to the MacBook as it is..

Old 06-06-2009, 11:21 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Can't see why not.

iMac are extremely capable.

How the photography been going Mark? Havn't posted photos in a while. Think the last ones were at some night club type thing?

Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Hang the 30" on the wall. Space problem solved.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:47 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Can't see why not.

iMac are extremely capable.

How the photography been going Mark? Havn't posted photos in a while. Think the last ones were at some night club type thing?
I've been shooting but haven't spent much time organizing and processing the images as I've been busy with other things.

The Mac Pro just gets like zero usage...I'm in no rush but will take a look at the newest 24" iMacs when I have a chance. I think the screen on the 30" is better for serious photography and matching color but I am not certain of this. I like to process most images as B&W anyway.

I am in clean up and sell mode these days..Selling unused Thinkpad and tomorrow will list my 2.16 MacBookPro which just gets no use now that I have a new MacBook..I like this size and screen much more for my purposes (basically posting here and selling computers..lol)

Old 06-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor
SoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond repute
Want to trade for my 24" iMac 3ghz + cash?

Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Originally Posted by MichaelM
Want to trade for my 24" iMac 3ghz + cash?
I will be going over the the Apple store (maybe today) and checking out the iMac. Why would you want to make the trade? Is it for the screen size primarily or do you want the expandability of the Tower. I have never seen a better made computer, let alone device of any kind than the Mac Tower. It's truly an engineering work of art. The tolerances of the metal, the design, expandability are just mindblowing..Makes a great door stop too!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor
SoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Control It
I will be going over the the Apple store (maybe today) and checking out the iMac. Why would you want to make the trade? Is it for the screen size primarily or do you want the expandability of the Tower. I have never seen a better made computer, let alone device of any kind than the Mac Tower. It's truly an engineering work of art. The tolerances of the metal, the design, expandability are just mindblowing..Makes a great door stop too!
I had a Quad Core G5 back in the day and the Power Mac G4 so I have always liked the towers but in the past few years I have always been working off my MBP or MBA, bought the iMac and love it, the screen is amazing along with the all in one design but if I can get into a MacPro again I would sport the dual 30" ADC which would be cool, I really do not have a good reason but PM me the specs of your tower and we can see if we can work something up if you are interested.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Originally Posted by MichaelM
I really do not have a good reason but PM me the specs of your tower...

made me laugh...pretty much the story of many of my purchases..

(I'll check out the iMac and spend u specs)

Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
soblack is on a distinguished roadsoblack is on a distinguished roadsoblack is on a distinguished roadsoblack is on a distinguished roadsoblack is on a distinguished roadsoblack is on a distinguished roadsoblack is on a distinguished road
How much do you want for the 30 cinema? I'll take it if its reasonable