Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Need help for supercharger decision

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished road
Need help for supercharger decision

Folks,

The Gemballa Gt420, shown below in pictures, is fully prepared to get power. Question is how ???
The car was originaly a 2006 carrera 4s, before Gemballa put his hands on it. Results are obvious and not so obvious.
The not obvious include 997 turbo brakes, KW V3 coilovers, H&R sway bars, Agency Power "Red group", front and rear Gemballa strut bars, Gemballa headers, 200cpi catalysts, Gemballa sports exhaust, Gemballa ( Schrick cams ), IPD 82mm plenum, K&N Cone filter and Softronic customized Ecu.

So the big question. Have been looking to VF Engineering supercharger and TPC Racing turbocharger systems to add some juice. The TPC system is out of the question, because I would have to remove all the rear of the car and my exhausts. I do not want to destroy the Gemballa look.

So we come to VF Engineering. I need feedback from owners, potential problems, value for money, well actually any opinion that might help taking a decision.

Thank you in advance for helping me.

George

Attached Images      
Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thats how our german money is used in greece :-P
just kidding: wouldn't turbocharging be the better option for this engine?

Old 07-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
this might also be interesting for you (page4):

http://www.ruf-automobile.de/upload/...ch_12.2008.pdf

Old 07-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
fatals is on a distinguished roadfatals is on a distinguished roadfatals is on a distinguished roadfatals is on a distinguished roadfatals is on a distinguished road
Poly dynato ergaleio! Perimenoume apotelesmata!

Amazing car!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
this might also be interesting for you (page4):

http://www.ruf-automobile.de/upload/...ch_12.2008.pdf
They want 85000 euro for a upgrade package that only produces 650 hp? What are you retarded?

Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Gmac, that is a 997TT upgrade.

23-24k Euro for the supercharger.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
They want 85000 euro for a upgrade package that only produces 650 hp? What are you retarded?
that is why i said page 4

as his porsches are tuned by gemballa it seems to me he is into german quality, so i proposed RUF...

Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished roadgkinvest is on a distinguished road
So folks,

Isn't there anybody willing to share his experiences with the VF supercharger ?

George

Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
yiorgo, yiasou file!

fovero aftokinito! VF makes top quality products and they warranty their supercharger applications to 3 years and 36,000 miles in most cases. Audi actually sells the STASIS package through the dealer network. (stasis uses a vf supercharger)

youtube "drive tuned" and you can see 2 videos of a white lamborghini with a VF supercharger and a red audi r8 v10 with a VF supercharger. Matt talks about the quality and warranties there.

Can't comment on the power it will give, but I would assume it should be linear and add a nice kick.

How did u end up with a tiptronic porsche in Greece when all the rest of the cars even, mercedes benz taxis are manual?????!!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by GregV
yiorgo, yiasou file!

fovero aftokinito! VF makes top quality products and they warranty their supercharger applications to 3 years and 36,000 miles in most cases. Audi actually sells the STASIS package through the dealer network. (stasis uses a vf supercharger)

youtube "drive tuned" and you can see 2 videos of a white lamborghini with a VF supercharger and a red audi r8 v10 with a VF supercharger. Matt talks about the quality and warranties there.

Can't comment on the power it will give, but I would assume it should be linear and add a nice kick.

How did u end up with a tiptronic porsche in Greece when all the rest of the cars even, mercedes benz taxis are manual?????!!

Gia sou kai apo mena.
So nice to meet other Greeks. I live In thessaloniki. Shame our governments turned this beautiful place into a bordelo.
Thanks for the advice. Have seen both videos and have discussed things directly with VF.
I just needed to hear some real life experience from People that already have this supercharger kit on their car.
As for manuals, it is not true. During the last five years quite a few automatics hit the streets.
Thanks again,

George