Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Need a help to make a decision..

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bang is an unknown quantity at this point
Need a help to make a decision..

Hi.. I joined this forum today.

I know this question can be a stupid.

But i need ur helps..

Right now, i am ready to buy a c4s, but i am confusing that when is

the next generation will come out?

So, just buy right now or wait until next generation?

If it was stupid question, sorry about that..

And also if it is better buy now, what kinds of options people usually get?

I am living in snow area so... and also it is first time to buy a porsche i used

to drive a bimmers. Anyway, thank you and please give me some ideas..

Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
there will always be a next one.. so buy it now imo.

the "must have " options imo are PDK and sports chrono.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salihbjk
there will always be a next one.. so buy it now imo.

the "must have " options imo are PDK and sports chrono.
Here, Here. There is always something new coming out. Buy now and enjoy it. If a newer and better version comes out, that's what trade-ins are for.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Buy now enjoy and get a great deal b/c the economy blows. You may want to hit up one of the friendly Porsche dealers on our forum as they are all giving great discounts now.
Where are u located BTW?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Justin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant future
I've always felt that if you want something, and can afford it, you should go for it. The way the economy is affecting the automotive industry, you should be able to get a great deal. You will only regret waiting. Remember, manufactures are always updating models to keep things fresh. The best part about sports cars (especially Porsche) is that the aftermarket will provide you with as many options to keep your toy fresh as your mind can fathom. So enjoy it now, and enjoy it hard. When the next car you want comes out, pursue that option. C'mon bang, help stimulate the economy! LOL

Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
buy it now.. the new 997.2 C4S just came out so you're jumping into a new model, facelift, engine, etc. Ask Chris from Cali how he likes his PDK on his C4S.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:43 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Not a stupid question at all!

Like the guys have said, there is always going to be "something" that might come out in the next gen. But the reality is that we, as mere mortals (there are some real pro's around here) will not push these cars to the limits. So buy now! You will get some insane deals, especially if you go to one of the dealers here on Team Speed.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Sports chrono and PDK, get adaptive sports seats as well with the thicker steering wheel.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bang is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all of ur opinions..

I just decided to get one after saw ur opinions.

I am living in Michigan and hope i can get a good deal.

Again, thanks all of you guys.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:59 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!

Look up one of the Team Speed dealers, I am willing to bet that they'll give you a better deal than you'd get locally, and even after shipping; you would still have a great deal on your hands.

Quick Reply: Need a help to make a decision..