Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

So I made my decision on AP

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
So I made my decision on AP

Thanks guys for the healthy banter on the AP piece,

When it came down to it, I wanted something different that pushed me out of my normal collection, and this piece did it.

The BEST part about this piece for me is how it is constantly different looking in different lighting. Everytime I look at it, it is different. The best angle, which I haven't caught on camera yet, is when I am outside under blue skies, the piece just beams with a touch of blue radiance, like when a clean diamond is outside. I find myself constantly looking at new subtle details I hadn't noticed prior.

I left the plastic on these pictures, I finally decided to keep it, as my AD gave me three days with it to make sure I was happy. The milling on the steel is well done.

For shits and giggles, I was at a black tie event this past weekend, and instead of wearing my normal hand wound dress pieces, decided to wear this, tucked under the tux cuff (which surprisingly it fit). Wife liked the look, I think the ceramic bezel on this one and the subdued color scheme helps it be dressed up or down either way.

Here are two small pics that show the drastic difference in lighting in the span of 5 minutes. Pictures really don't do the new line of ROO justice.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Eddie; 05-01-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
huge congrats!!! TOTALLY know what you mean with the lighting, so true man these watches need to be worn and taken out to be appreciated

btw awesome AD you have there man letting you test it out for an extended period

congrats again

Old 05-01-2012, 11:32 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
huge congrats!!

great that you went for it and know it was the right thing for you!

enjoy wearing it

Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
huge congrats!!! TOTALLY know what you mean with the lighting, so true man these watches need to be worn and taken out to be appreciated

btw awesome AD you have there man letting you test it out for an extended period

congrats again
Thanks man, yeah my AD here in Virginia is good people. Honestly, had I not been able to take it outside and wear it for a couple days, I wouldn't have bought it, having real world time with it not inside the watch store made a world of a difference.

Here's a shameless plug for anyone who is passing through the DC area: Ali Kafer @ Lenkersdorfer in Virginia. Let him know Eddie sent you, he's been handling all my purchases for the past 6 years.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ECB
huge congrats!!

great that you went for it and know it was the right thing for you!

enjoy wearing it
Thanks, the funny thing is having a piece that is so different has also re-energized my love for my IWCs and other pieces, appreciating and enjoying the subdued qualities of those pieces.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
That definitely different from the rest of your collection, enjoy!

Is that at tyson's corner? I went to both their stores in January when looking for my JLC, and tried on some goodies At first they were marginally helpful (probably bc how young I look), but when I schooled the guy on a few IWCs the salesman knew I was into horology.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Good choice on the new 44mm.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Congrats! By far the best choice among the three of the new 44mm ROO's. It looks so sharp in SS w/ the ceramic bezel. The dial is very easy to read and much more appealing to me than the FC or RG 44mm. Enjoy her!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
Congrats! By far the best choice among the three of the new 44mm ROO's. It looks so sharp in SS w/ the ceramic bezel. The dial is very easy to read and much more appealing to me than the FC or RG 44mm. Enjoy her!
Agreed, the Carbon is also nice the Rose is not.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Lovely Piece !!

congrats and enjoy it

Quick Reply: So I made my decision on AP