Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Carrera with 2 kids?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
one of our regular spots is kabuki up the street. i don't normally don't venture to many new places and what you describe is somewhat scary, but i will definitely check this place out based on your recommendation.
definitely scary consider it's in a burger joint. but give it a try and ask for chef jun.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
I traded my C4S for an M5, and now a Cayenne Turbo once we had kids. It's a safety issue. In the event of a crash, there's much less room in the back of a 911 than a larger car, not to mention that if they don't have their own door, they'd be *much* harder to get out if you were in a hurry (on fire/in water, etc.). I just didn't feel right taking the risk.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Nikolas is an unknown quantity at this point
I've driven my kids around in carreras for the past 11 years. I still drive them everyday to school and their afternoon activities in the turbo year round. They love it. Yes it is a little tight with all their stuff, but my son is now old enough to be in the front seat so it is fine for my daughter in the back.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nikolas
I've driven my kids around in carreras for the past 11 years. I still drive them everyday to school and their afternoon activities in the turbo year round. They love it. Yes it is a little tight with all their stuff, but my son is now old enough to be in the front seat so it is fine for my daughter in the back.
My son loves it when I talk him through this offramp in the M5. I will brake and setup for the entry and tell him, turn and tell him, hit the apex and tell him, unwind and exit while rolling on the throttle and tell him.

Now whenever we approachthat offramp he goes "go" and wants me to talk him through the offramp.

I imagine this would be even more fun once we get back into the Turbo/GT in another year or so.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I would keep the Cayenne until they are old enough to both be in front facing seats. Then get a Carrera. Just my $0.02.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trovan
i don't think you know me or my wife so i wouldn't place much value on your response. my wife can stay home or go to work despite a new carrera or two. my kids would do just as well in an excellent over priced day care while my wife saves lives each day.
Chill bro, Dana was just trying to help you out.

It's definitely a good idea to put the lives of others before the future of your kids though.. just saying.

I don't have kids, so I could be wrong, but I always thought raising kids was more than just throwing money at them/others who you pay to take care of them.

Additionally, if you and/or your wife can afford to not go to work despite purchasing a "new carrera or two," you might as well keep the Cayenne for the kids and buy a 997 Turbo for you. It's cheaper than the cost of 2 black series carerras.

Last edited by STLG; 04-15-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Here's the school bus video, just how we would have ours when the time comes, a nice bright FI M64 911.

YouTube - Teaser video - Porsche. Engineered for Magic. Every day. (School Bus)
All I saw was a Milf

Old 04-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
No offense brother, but my best advice is to save your money so that your wife can stay home and raise your children.

Just sayin'.
Whoa! Where did that came from?!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
Chill bro, Dana was just trying to help you out.

It's definitely a good idea to put the lives of others before the future of your kids though.. just saying.

I don't have kids, so I could be wrong, but I always thought raising kids was more than just throwing money at them/others who you pay to take care of them.

Additionally, if you and/or your wife can afford to not go to work despite purchasing a "new carrera or two," you might as well keep the Cayenne for the kids and buy a 997 Turbo for you. It's cheaper than the cost of 2 black series carerras.
What are you talking about.... Torvan is a great guy, and i can assure you he does not "throw" money at his kids to make them happy... Why are people judging him for having his kids in daycare? Also why the HELL should his wife stay at home with the kids? What if she is the bread winner....

Man this thread was about a simple question regarding placing small children in a 997, the fact that people are trying to give him family "advice" is a little disturbing!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
What are you talking about.... Torvan is a great guy, and i can assure you he does not "throw" money at his kids to make them happy... Why are people judging him for having his kids in daycare? Also why the HELL should his wife stay at home with the kids? What if she is the bread winner....

Man this thread was about a simple question regarding placing small children in a 997, the fact that people are trying to give him family "advice" is a little disturbing!
No one said his wife should stay home. A suggestion was made that he save his money so he and his wife could stay home.

Quick Reply: Carrera with 2 kids?