Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Carrera with 2 kids?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
this is my point exactly. too much hassle. if it's raining, you're f'd.
Well, we both miss having a Turbo/GT2, and when it rains we have other cars. But yes, it is kind of a pain.

We have lived with getting him in and out of the E30 for a very long time now that I think that it won't be an issue for us.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Barrister
failure in the home.
working or stay at home mom or dad is every family's decision. it's a common discussion for us and many friends who are all professionals starting a family. my wife and I have both been lucky to have some type of part time schedule. we have all the time in the world with the kids and take great care of our patients. now what hits my nerve is assumption made without any basis including your 2nd post. maybe you should withhold further comment until you get a chance to come to my house for dinner.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by stuka
Well, we both miss having a Turbo/GT2, and when it rains we have other cars. But yes, it is kind of a pain.

We have lived with getting him in and out of the E30 for a very long time now that I think that it won't be an issue for us.
clearly not easy, but i think we have all done worse things for our passion for cars!

Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed Trovan, if you really want to, it's doable IMO. May I ask why you're considering the 997 Black? Thought about GTS?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka

you guys have more patience than us. even now, i couldn't do it.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:48 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trovan
clearly not easy, but i think we have all done worse things for our passion for cars!
Here's the school bus video, just how we would have ours when the time comes, a nice bright FI M64 911.

YouTube - Teaser video - Porsche. Engineered for Magic. Every day. (School Bus)

Old 04-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
you guys have more patience than us. even now, i couldn't do it.
Hey, when the second one is front facing we'll be pulling up at Kabuki in one.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i dunno, i traded my 996TT for a Mercedes R500 and my RS6 for an Allroad when my second was born. beyond convenience, what about the actual safety concerns?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
i dunno, i traded my 996TT for a Mercedes R500 and my RS6 for an Allroad when my second was born. beyond convenience, what about the actual safety concerns?
agree, definitely need to look into this.

mark, i know you are a sushi fan. do you know kings burger on reseda blvd just past the dim sum place. the owners son just opened a small sushi bar in the burger place and is excellent. he has worked at all the good places in LA and now on his own. you gotta give it a try.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
agree, definitely need to look into this.

mark, i know you are a sushi fan. do you know kings burger on reseda blvd just past the dim sum place. the owners son just opened a small sushi bar in the burger place and is excellent. he has worked at all the good places in LA and now on his own. you gotta give it a try.
one of our regular spots is kabuki up the street. i don't normally don't venture to many new places and what you describe is somewhat scary, but i will definitely check this place out based on your recommendation.

Quick Reply: Carrera with 2 kids?