Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

For those selling their ride, how is the market?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
For those selling their ride, how is the market?

For those that have sold their rides, how was the market?

Did it take you a long time to sell?

Assuming the asking price was fair, did you get what you were after?

I'm kicking around the idea of unloading my 996, for something with more of a back seat.... Or no backseat at all so that I can put my daughters seat right next to me in the passenger seat.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
For those that have sold their rides, how was the market?

Did it take you a long time to sell?

Assuming the asking price was fair, did you get what you were after?

I'm kicking around the idea of unloading my 996, for something with more of a back seat.... Or no backseat at all so that I can put my daughters seat right next to me in the passenger seat.
You can put your daughters seat next to you in the 996. The car seats disengage the airbags

I've not sold any for a long time but have had several "act" interested in my Mini Cooper but no one has looked at it yet in 3 days.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:25 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post up some pics and put an ad in the marketplace maybe to gauge some interest? What year and miles? I have a decent gauge on the market so maybe I can offer a little insight.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
I sold my 997 about two months ago... for exactly what I paid for it 18 months prior.

I had many calls (some of which were bogus; two dealers called me too). A few tire kickers. And then one guy just showed up and bought it.

It was on the market for two months. Although there were several weeks that I was unavailable to show the car.

I think the market will only go down the closer we get to the 991 debut.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Wow. That's awesome to hear. Congrats on getting out what you paid!

Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
What are the specs on it Brian?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
paid 125k for my 2010 GT3 - traded it last week with 18k miles and got 86k - all the money as far as I was concerned...

Old 03-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
synergy is on a distinguished roadsynergy is on a distinguished road
All depends on the specs and combo.