Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Chris from Cali's DC to Laguna Seca Pilgrimage

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
OK so I'll get the CEL stuff out of the way first. The guy at Porsche of Monterey (John) was the coolest Porsche guy I've dealt with yet. Even though they had a backlog of 7-8 cars from yesterday, he got me in and onto the PIWIS first thing. Turns out this CEL was thrown by an old code (archived, something - can't remember the terminology) for both cylinder banks running lean. WTFO? So now I've had one for evaporative loss and now one for lean conditions on both cylinder banks. Fortunately a PCNA rep (Stephanie?) was there at LS to discuss... I'll be sending them a letter when I get home.

Now on to the fun stuff - my wife and I got in very early (7:30-ish) and parked in the infield section. By the time we left, the number had doubled, but turnout was still low. The PCA folks said over 500 registered, so hopefully we'll be full tomorrow.

Saw the new Panamera in person.... AWESOME. Let me say that again... AWESOME. My dad said he wants one over the Conti GT he was lusting after. Some guys sitting in the Turbo behind me (you know I had to be in the driver's seat ) commented that it's probably the best interior of any car. It really is incredible. Put aside your preconceptions until you can see it, sit in it, and one day drive it. It's really good.

Met up with Alzilla near a ton of historic Porsche race cars. His boyfriend M5Kid was still showering so it must've been a rough night. Seriously, he's a good dude and we'll probably be hanging out a lot tomorrow near BigE's RV.

This year has probably the best collection of Porsche race cars I've ever seen. I didn't attend the Rennsport Reunion III, but this has to come close. Hopefully the Teamspeed photographer will start posting some pics!

Speaking of pics, I'll have more tonight - we're off to the PCA party. I'm hoping I don't die of the smug cloud...

Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
Chris!

Epic story. Tonight, I went out to Abuelo's with the Hinkles again and learned that this was posted online. I really have to find time to get back on TS more! Anyway, it was great to meet you both. Take care, buddy.

Jared

You pretty much concluded what I did (and took a bit of heat over) on the Panamera. It's no joke, and it's not ugly in person! Glad you liked it too.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Epic thread Chris, looking forward to more pics !

Thanks for taking the time to narrate the trip....your head must be spinning around with all the sweet rides around.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously fun thread to read. Thanks for sharing Chris. Look forward to following your adventure!

And why does everyone always say "make sure your gas cap is screwed on tight" whenever a CEL light comes on on any exotic?? Will the people who can't screw on a gas cap correctly please stand up! ............Thought so

Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys - the gas cap thing is annoying as hell. Fortunately no CELs today. It's pretty pathetic when I am worried about it daily now.

As promised here are some pics and narrative:

A really sick 356 cabriolet in front of our hotel

The Porsche Corral early in the morning (I'm the 997.2)

Later (around noon)

Rare 356 Continental

Rare RUF Rt12

We attended the Porsche Club of America welcome party at the mission in Carmel. Of course, I assumed that there would be plenty of parking for PORSCHES at a PORSCHE event. Stupid me. Check out what occupied 80% of the parking lot. There is no way this would have happened at a Ferrari event. They even made a Carrera GT park in the "remote" lot. Dumb... But check out those awesome minivans!

Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

Rare RUF Rt12

Wow!! Ultimate everyday supercar right there.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
slate(?) 356. game over.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Watch this space.
It was breathtakingly beautiful in person.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
...sorry Chris, there goes your gas milegae with the updated software and richer settings
had just the firmware updated on my '08 997TT.

buaahahahahahahaaaa on that PCNA parking lot and then it makes me

thanks again for the pics and sharing of the experience.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
man, that RT12

Quick Reply: Chris from Cali's DC to Laguna Seca Pilgrimage