Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

**SPOLIER ALERT** F1 Race at Monaco Results!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:05 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
You make some good points in your post. But what you say can be said about Formula 1 in general - particularly the part about "processional" and "decided from the start". This is the nature of F1 now at nearly every venue. You have to raise the standards and take pleasure in the technology involved over the pure thrill of crashes and overtaking. What was great about the race yesterday was the way strategy took the day and the sheer number of those who set fast lap back and forth. It was very competative. That's what made it great.

I never assumed you weren't a race fan. I was making a generalization - a vast over-generalization at that. I am sure you are a great fan.

Regail us with some tales of pit lane. I can't wait.

ps. Who doesn't love Senna??
Yes, F1 is definitely processional, hence alot of the rule changes i think. The problem with monaco is there really isn't many SMART opportunities to pass, sure there are plenty of corners where you can stick your nose ( ala alonso ), but there arnt many that are set up for over taking. The best would probably be out of the tunnel down into nouvelle chicane i reckon.

But hell, im gonna contradict everything i said, i love street races and i adore Monaco, the history there is undeniable.

And yeah, you can't not like Senna. But look at Hamilton's helmet.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Can't believe I missed the race. Had a stupid sunday afternoon meeting.

Can I watch/download this online somewhere?
+1

Old 05-26-2008, 11:42 PM
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ashokn225
+1
probably not. Bernie is ANAL about having footage online. Its on youtube very briefly, then gets taken down.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
probably not. Bernie is ANAL about having footage online. Its on youtube very briefly, then gets taken down.
This is totally the truth. Bernie has all that stuff locked down tighter than Max Moseley's thong. Your best bet is to try to get it from someone who recorded it.

I don't know if Bernie is good for F1. He has certainly expanded the brand. But he took away the USGP - my only chance to see a race. I went in 2007 and it just blew me away.

I have heard that a deal to bring a GP back to the US is already done - back to Indy or Vegas. I sure hope so. Watgins Glen would be cool too.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by Barrister
This is totally the truth. Bernie has all that stuff locked down tighter than Max Moseley's thong. Your best bet is to try to get it from someone who recorded it.

I don't know if Bernie is good for F1. He has certainly expanded the brand. But he took away the USGP - my only chance to see a race. I went in 2007 and it just blew me away.

I have heard that a deal to bring a GP back to the US is already done - back to Indy or Vegas. I sure hope so. Watgins Glen would be cool too.
Is the US interested enough in F1?

I don't really thing Bernie is bad for F1, he controls the corporate side of it, expanding the business can only be a good thing for F1. Its the FIA that potentially can ruin the sport ( rules etc ).

Arnt the barriers etc at Watkins to close to the asphalt for F1 regs?