Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

**spolier Alert*** German Grand Prix Results And Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
**Spolier Alert*** German Grand Prix Results And Discussion

Holy Lewis Hamilton!?

I thought he was doomed when he didn't pit during the safety car period. I am still in shock that he came back to win it. I think that the final 11 laps of that race were the most exciting this year - and maybe for several years. This should put the criticism to rest for a few weeks. He is the best.

Piquet = dumb luck. The funniest moment of the race was when Piquet's pit crew came on the headset and said "Nelson, Hamilton is right behind you. You have to keep pushing." And then 2 seconds later you hear "Nelson, just stay focused and you can get second place." Classic.

Massa was quick but his spirit seemed to be broken when Lewis pushed by him. He should have been able to take Piquet. I am not sure he wants it badly enough.

Kimi made a great run at the end but he just wasn't dialed in.

Is Quick Nick back? Second straight week he outperforms Kubica . . .

Kov should stay on at McLaren. All of this talk about him moving back to Renault in favor of Rosberg at McLaren is a joke. That would be a big move backwards for McLaren. But it does support the rumor that Alonso is in at Ferrari. I think that is a done deal.

Lewis takes the points lead by 2. F1 is a crazy world.

GO LEWIS!!!

Last edited by Barrister; 07-20-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. The forum goes silent when the Scuderia isn't on top of the podium . . .

I can hear the crickets out there.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:32 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
So true.
Originally Posted by Barrister
Wow. The forum goes silent when the Scuderia isn't on top of the podium . . .

I can hear the crickets out there.
Amazing showing in the last 2 gp's for Lewis. He dominated the field at Silverstone under conditions that were abysmal. Then he goes on to one of the more technical tracks on the calendar and clicks off lap times over a second faster than the field in the early stages. Both drives were Shumi-like. No one in recent years has had such dominating performances. If he continues at this level, all Mclaren needs to do is put a competitive car under him for the rest of the year and Lewis will be hoisting the trophy in Brazil as the '08 driver's champion. The constructors is another story.

The telling thing about Hockenheim was that Kimi was the only other driver to improve his position in the latter stages and none of the other leading drivers were able to do the same. Did they all dial it back? Not likely. Did Mclaren make a leap in their development program while Ferrari hit a bump in theirs? Could be.

Sad thing is the detractors will remember Montreal 08 and China 07 before acknowledging his accomplishments. I hope he continues to perform at this level thus making those mistakes a distant memory.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:10 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Theres talk of the McLaren team developing right up to the limits of the rules with their development of a "traction control like" system.

I just love visiting FerrariChat after McLaren wins a GP. They are complaing that McLaren are cheating ( again ), but if it were a Ferrari innovation... Forza Ferrari!

Old 07-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Go Hamilton...despite the media and public hacking at his mistakes, he pulls like a true champion

Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
I just love visiting FerrariChat after McLaren wins a GP. They are complaing that McLaren are cheating ( again ), but if it were a Ferrari innovation... Forza Ferrari!