Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

**SPOLIER ALERT** F1 Race at Monaco Results!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
**SPOLIER ALERT** F1 Race at Monaco Results!

Maybe the best F1 race I have ever seen.

Lewis Hamilton .

Ferrari blew the tire strategy again.

Too bad about Sutil.

Monaco is what F1 racing is all about and why it is the pinnacle of motorsports.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
It was a great race indeed. I'm a Ferrari/Raikkonen fan, but I'm happy for Hamilton. He's one of the top 3 drivers, and he was overdue for a win. Ferrari really blew their strategy and I'm not sure what was going on with Raikkonen the whole race. Seeing his car control before rear ending Sutil was pretty impressive. Overall a very entertaining race with all sorts of twists and turns.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Aero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to allAero is a name known to all
Entertaining race indeed. In addition to Kimi's errors, what the hell was Alonso thinking when he hit Heidfeld on the hairpin?

Old 05-26-2008, 02:19 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Maybe the best F1 race I have ever seen.

Lewis Hamilton .

Ferrari blew the tire strategy again.

Too bad about Sutil.

Monaco is what F1 racing is all about and why it is the pinnacle of motorsports.

Hmmm, dont agree with that last comment. Monaco would be the first race to go if Bernie could ( to much history ). Its a boring race, no 2 ways about it.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:22 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Can't believe I missed the race. Had a stupid sunday afternoon meeting.

Can I watch/download this online somewhere?

Old 05-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Hmmm, dont agree with that last comment. Monaco would be the first race to go if Bernie could ( to much history ). Its a boring race, no 2 ways about it.

Wow. That's a first. I have never heard anyone dog a race event because it has "too much history." That's what makes the GPs great.

Bernie's only concern is about MONEY. As long as Monaco pays up, its place in the schedule is firm.

The drivers sure love it. They all consider it the crown jewel of F1. Lewis said winning at Monaco it would be the highlight of his career.

Anyone who thinks that race was boring simply isn't a race fan.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:58 PM
CLS
Teamspeed Senior Member
CLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond repute
I like Masa comments before the race when asked what he thought of Monaco "I don't like it you have to drive like and old Lady!" and Hamilton said "First off I am not an old lady and I don't drive like one I love it here in Monaco"

Old 05-26-2008, 05:28 PM
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Wow. That's a first. I have never heard anyone dog a race event because it has "too much history." That's what makes the GPs great.

Bernie's only concern is about MONEY. As long as Monaco pays up, its place in the schedule is firm.

The drivers sure love it. They all consider it the crown jewel of F1. Lewis said winning at Monaco it would be the highlight of his career.

Anyone who thinks that race was boring simply isn't a race fan.
Bernie can't drop it because it has to much history, not the way you took it.

Yes his concern is money, hence why he is increasingly going offshore into foreign ( up and coming markets ). He is going to these new markets for money, the promoters are paying ridiculous sums to hold F1, and they wont be able to keep it up as they arnt getting the crowd numbers.

I never said last nights race was boring, far from it, it was exciting and the way F1 should be. But look at past years, boring. It becomes processional and decided at the start. The cars have progressed ( technology ) past Monaco, they arnt made to go around circuits like Monaco anymore. Unlike the hey day of F1, when the cars were in their element around a tight and twisty circuit.

And don't assume i am not a race fan, my childhood was spent in pit lane.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by CLS
I like Masa comments before the race when asked what he thought of Monaco "I don't like it you have to drive like and old Lady!" and Hamilton said "First off I am not an old lady and I don't drive like one I love it here in Monaco"
Part of the reason Hamilton loves Monaco is probably because he adores Senna so much ( 6 GP wins ).

Old 05-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
And don't assume i am not a race fan, my childhood was spent in pit lane.
You make some good points in your post. But what you say can be said about Formula 1 in general - particularly the part about "processional" and "decided from the start". This is the nature of F1 now at nearly every venue. You have to raise the standards and take pleasure in the technology involved over the pure thrill of crashes and overtaking. What was great about the race yesterday was the way strategy took the day and the sheer number of those who set fast lap back and forth. It was very competative. That's what made it great.

I never assumed you weren't a race fan. I was making a generalization - a vast over-generalization at that. I am sure you are a great fan.

Regail us with some tales of pit lane. I can't wait.

ps. Who doesn't love Senna??

Last edited by Barrister; 05-26-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: **SPOLIER ALERT** F1 Race at Monaco Results!