Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
This thread seems very amusing....

I'm sorry for your troubles?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Personally I think people should buy cars for how they perform and how you feel when your driving them. No disrespect to anyone on this forum but we have all seen the posers who buy bright colored cars and then put the ugliest chrome wheels on them.....sure people stare, but maybe that's because the car is fugly. My point is that TRUE performance people will appreciate your car because it is a great car but if you bought it for the attention it is definitely the wrong car. I have owned a few 911 Turbos and the guy in the flashier car always get's more attention.....he is also the guy who got a good QUICK look at my cars arss end when he tried to race me

And like Wyatt said it's Beverly Hills.
I bet 599 GTOs don't get parked around back.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
And the sad thing is that they think that you are staring at the car because the car looks good...NOT!!! True performance cars do not have chrome wheels. Chrome adds weight. I have witnessed as I am sure many on this thread have witnessed some incredibly horrible aftermarket wheels fitted to some nice "performance" cars. Personally I just laugh at those cars.
Im all for changing everything on any car I own, but I try to do so in a way that I think keeps the car looking tastefull..

Even on Lambopower we have an ongoing thread called Hall of Shame Lambos, which is unfortunately like 15 pages long..

I will admit though, my 1998 Diablo SV had chrome wheels but atleast they were factory and when i changed them i went black.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Personal self-esteem related to the respect your car gets, dictated by where a valet parks it.

I love it.
Nothing to do with that.. simply an observation as to peoples perception of an automobile..

Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by VegasFloyd
I bet 599 GTOs don't get parked around back.
Agreed!! But MY GTO would NEVER be valet parked. My performance cars are only taken out to be driven on select roads at certain times. If I had to valet park I would only take my truck. Personally I would rather park my truck myself and go in and enjoy dinner and not worry about someone touching my nice car.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
nina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these parts
What do you expect? The average moron in BH has the IQ of a tomato. UR lucky they even know is a Porsche.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
First, i need to move to Beverly hills.

Second, the fact that you are in Beverly hills has a lot to do with it.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Allan, its BH. 90 percent of the turbos, lambo's and ferrari's are driven by the wives of rich men (nothing wrong with that, just how it is) or the bling bling gangsta's in their drop top bentlys and lambos that are never driven above 3k rpm, its all for show. Especially with turbos since they are great DD's compared to ferrari and lambo. I guarantee they have no clue about the car they are driving at all, just status symbols. People ask me what my car is and have no idea when i say GT3. Its a beetle with a huge wing! lol

Old 10-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be with my buddys in Boston and see a Turbo and look as it drives by, but my friends have no clue what it is. Especially in white, doesn't get much attention from people who don't know what it is.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Allan, its BH. 90 percent of the turbos, lambo's and ferrari's are driven by the wives of rich men (nothing wrong with that, just how it is) or the bling bling gangsta's in their drop top bentlys and lambos that are never driven above 3k rpm, its all for show. Especially with turbos since they are great DD's compared to ferrari and lambo. I guarantee they have no clue about the car they are driving at all, just status symbols. People ask me what my car is and have no idea when i say GT3. Its a beetle with a huge wing! lol
This comment has no basis in reality. In the 18 yrs I have lived in LA, I have seen a woman driving a 911 less than 10 times, a woman driving a Ferrari once and have never seen a woman driving a Lambo. To the contrary, LA is a huge (perhaps the hugest) car town. People here know more about cars than any other city in the world, because they spend so much time in them. We even have our own automotive museum. And there are more amazing Ps, Fs and Ls here than any other city in the world. But it is because of these facts, that Porsches just don't mean shit in LA. I should know as I have had three of them.

Quick Reply: In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO