Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

What's fastest ? Turbo S vs GTR vs LFA vs SLS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Why does the LFA exist? It's slow, it's mindnumbingly ugly, comically expensive and it's a Toyota.
plus about 60 million

Originally Posted by d33pblu3
I wouldn't call it a bust though, it sold every one for asking or above asking price and the technology learned can be used for the next mass produced platform. I think the LF-A accomplished what it needed to, but agree it it would have been much better received if it would have been 5 years earlier. Now Toyota/Lexus and Nissan have their next gen cars on ground, Honda needs to market a follow on to the NSX (not that front engined whatever its called).

check your facts. they claimed a sell out on all cars but they are suddenly available and looking for customers. they never were sold out and no one in any car forums ever claimed they were getting one.

The driver errors in that UK video really took away from what have could have been a good comparison. I'm shocked the nobel was so quick. I'm even more shocked the SLS did so well. The LFA looked like the fat pig it is in the comparison. Sure didn't match the claimed specs of Lexus a year ago in that road test. That GTR launch was pathetic. They should have run it again with someone that knows how to drive it.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The thing that repeats in my head over and over is how usable and dependable the Porsche is compared to the others. Nissan made wild claims about that car but to achieve the performance you had to risk a warranty issue. Porsche on the other hand, consistently brings about better, faster cars.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Nissan should sue for that GT-R launch -- doesn't do that car any justice at all.

Here is what it looks like (from the inside at least) when done properly:

YouTube - GT R low pass

Old 08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
Yup the launch control engaging at a lower RPM now has really compromised performance for the GTR. No wonder it can't hang compared to other cars now. Like I said previously that transmission cannot hold up to the abuse that the engine is dishing out. Big error on their part for even putting it in the car.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura about
The best the U.K. can do is a kit car ? Really? Sad.

The best Toyota can do is That Thing ?!? Recall ! Recall!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tacet-C
Yup the launch control engaging at a lower RPM now has really compromised performance for the GTR. No wonder it can't hang compared to other cars now. Like I said previously that transmission cannot hold up to the abuse that the engine is dishing out. Big error on their part for even putting it in the car.
I launched mine once (2010) and let me tell you it leaves a very nice long streak of tyre behind as when you set it up to launch correctly it works fine. Then again maybe my COBB + CBRD mid pipe helps

Old 08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche just continues to deliver. Like Smoke said, its silly the way that thing launched. My jaw fell when i realized how fast that thing is off the line lol. No comment on the LFA and a better driver should have been suited to that GTR.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:59 AM
WickedWebsites is infamous around these partsWickedWebsites is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex
I'm getting to the point of laughter at the mention of the LF-A.
Originally Posted by jox
Why does the LFA exist? It's slow, it's mindnumbingly ugly, comically expensive and it's a Toyota.
Actually...

The car is gorgeous, and has one of the most sublime engines ever put in a road car - it's engine can rev from idle to red line faster than any other road car -- including the Carrera GT. It's also the first road car to be made from a carbon tub sub-frame, and many other engineering and "artistry" firsts. It's a halo car, and there are 500 of them in the world -- how many 911's have been built, a million?

2012 Lexus LFA

As for speed & price, well if that's what you're using to justify holding the 911 TT-S up on a pedestal... try not to forget that a stock Z06 will demolish your precious Turbo S everywhere except the launch for less than half the price. I'm talking a 7:22 Nurburging ring time STOCK. Better braking, better acceleration, and vastly more entertaining RWD handling. Did I mention 30mpg on the highway?

That you guys rail on a car like the LFA and claim to be "sports car enthusiasts" is hilarious. Just had to register and chime in after shaking my head at this. No wonder some "Porsche guys" get such a negative/elitist reputation sometimes.

Last edited by WickedWebsites; 10-28-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Great first post. Wanna be friends ?

/sarcasm

It's still a ugly ass and overpriced Toyota. Maybe for 80k, but 400k is bad joke.

Edit: Neg'd

Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 AM
WickedWebsites is infamous around these partsWickedWebsites is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sinan
Great first post. Wanna be friends ?

/sarcasm

It's still a ugly ass and overpriced Toyota. Maybe for 80k, but 400k is bad joke.

Edit: Neg'd

They seem to have all sold instantly, and it's clear they will be holding their value better than any 997. Great joke, too bad it's on you?

Quick Reply: What's fastest ? Turbo S vs GTR vs LFA vs SLS