Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Your opinion on the Porsche look?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
I still think that the 996 C4S looks beautiful! All 996 facelifted models look good to me anyway.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Neijia

The 996 headlamps should never have been allowed into production (IMO). They run into the hood panel on the sides, and go ... ... ... nowhere

Always looked incomplete to me.
What he said

Old 06-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
I just finished a photoshop of what a 996 would look like if it had circular headlights. To set the 996 apart from the 997, I re-used the 996 headlights to make the new ones. Of course deleting that extending part from the headlights means adding an extra pair of lights to the bumper, as every 911 except for the 996 had. Here is my photoshop.

I personally like the normal headlights better for the 996.
Yeah of course, but you can be very sure the front lines would have been different if they had used circular head lights ;o)

Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
I'm so loyal in fact Porsche would still be my #1 even if they stopped building Porsches and re-badged Kias.
Combined with telling people not to look at buying Maseratis...
Buddy, take a step back and breathe.
Seems you don't know what you love about Porsche beyond the marque.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PorscheC4S is on a distinguished roadPorscheC4S is on a distinguished roadPorscheC4S is on a distinguished roadPorscheC4S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superfly
i Dunno, I've Got A 996 Turbo S With A Few Mods And I Absolutely Love It!!!
Beautifil Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PorscheC4S is on a distinguished roadPorscheC4S is on a distinguished roadPorscheC4S is on a distinguished roadPorscheC4S is on a distinguished road
Porsche is #1. I loved them since I saw my 1st one in person when I was like 5 years old. it was a brand new (back then) red 944. I fell in love! I love the 997!!! But I ended up falling in love with the 996 C4S look, so I bought one of those. Here it is

Attached Images   

Last edited by PorscheC4S; 06-23-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheC4S
Porsche is #1. I loved them since I saw my 1st one in person when I was like 5 years old. it was a brand new (back then) red 944. I fell in love! I love the 997!!! But I ended up falling in love with the 996 C4S look, so I bought one of those. Here it is
Congrats, she's a BEAUT!!! And for all those that don't like the 996 look, get into the drivers seat and drive it. Then you'll remember why we fell in love with the 911 in the first place!! Plus, because of all the love for the 997 and 993, the 996 has got to be just about the greatest automotive supercar bargain of the decade!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Superfly
Congrats, she's a BEAUT!!! And for all those that don't like the 996 look, get into the drivers seat and drive it. Then you'll remember why we fell in love with the 911 in the first place!! Plus, because of all the love for the 997 and 993, the 996 has got to be just about the greatest automotive supercar bargain of the decade!!!
Thanks a lot Superfly!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
There's a reason why the 996 can't hold it's value......

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm glad they got rid of the scrambled egg look headlights(996). The best looking models I think:

1. 997.2
2 993
3. anything pre1973
I am w you I owned several 996's and they are by far the ugliest

Old 06-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Marc
I am w you I owned several 996's and they are by far the ugliest
lol, ugly and Porsche just doesn't sound right in the same sentence. I love these cars so much!

Quick Reply: Your opinion on the Porsche look?