Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Your opinion on the Porsche look?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Banned
Der Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these parts
I do say, the Porsches of the 1900s are quite the charm.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
most people belive the eye drop porsches are the most hideous models ever, i could se y but i stil adore the 996 rs

oo babay
Name:  Porsche_911_GT3_RS_(996)_2003_white-blue.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  195.0 KB

Old 06-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
My favorite Porsche by far is the 964, nothing can compliment that aggressive scary perfectionist look of the 964.. Can't explain it but it's beauty at its best.

The 996.2 is much more better than the 996 and I personally love the 996.2. It was a new approach by Porsche and it stole my heart. If getting a 996 is an option, it would be the 996 Turbo S.. I just LOVE IT.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
I don't care anymore. To me, a ANY Porsche is worth much emotion and many tears (esp. if it's got an aero kit!).
You should get a 924

Old 06-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond repute
i like all the 911 models

Old 06-19-2010, 06:16 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I like them when they are very individualistic, colour paint to sample etc

Old 06-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
+1

PorscheCGT:
You may be too young to remember, but the 996 cars were not liked for their styling, and their build quality. Also, I feel that people didn't like them because they had some personal attachment to the fact that the 993 was the last of the aircooled cars. I have only driven 996 and 997 bodystyles, but my favorites as far as looks are the 964 (as perviously stated), but my favorite as far as emotion is without a doubt a 930 guards red over black. My neighbor had one when I was young and that was the car that made my into the Pcar fan I am today. That is what is great about cars, everyone has a certain emotion toward them that is different. BTW- just because 996 aren't my favorite, I still think they are awesome. That black one is GORGEOUS^^^
I know exactly what you mean. To be honest, I really disliked the 996 at the time too. But honestly, I have no memory of the 993, but I do know what it's all about. The 996, for example, almost any one you find on eBay will look horrible and have bad build quality, and ugly color, and cost 30K, but I just can't help myself from this feeling of how much I like the car. I've really never thought of a Porsche as ugly. Probably, the928 and 924 were the worst looking, but still, they aren't ugly. And let me correct what I said when I said Porsche has a bad rep. What I meant was that they seem too, like everybody is saying how they hate Porsche's design, (followers of JC), however, Porsche seems to be regaining that feeling that I always get when I look at the 996. Particularly, a 996 looks perfect with an aerokit. Whether you like it or not though, if Porsche only did a minor change to the 993 for the 996 series, the 997 would probably have cheap build quality, and not be the prettiest Porsche around. All in all, the 996 plays a big role in the evolution of Porsche. Now tell me this car is ugly?

The 996 is still a Porsche, and that's I think what gets me drawn in.

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
You should get a 924
The 924 shares too much with Volkswagen, and yes I know the 914 does too, but the 924 was more of a peoples car, and the 914 was more of a peoples sports car. Believe me though, I would consider a 924 though. A 914 is more than likely unrealistic.

And remember what I also said, "I'm so loyal in fact Porsche would still be my #1 even if they stopped building Porsches and re-badged Kias."

Last edited by Carrera; 06-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with the OP on this one. When the 996 came out I thought it was one of the best looking cars on the market, I never really cared for Porsche when they were still making 993's because they looked too old fashioned. Over the years I gradually became more appreciative of the 993 design but I still have a soft spot for the 996, especially the Mk. II GT3 and the Sportec Turbo S like the one posted on the first page. I've never liked the design of the 997 Turbo, it reminds me of a frog and looks too heavy.

Visually at least the 996 to me is an expression of lightness, the whole car looks nimble yet powerful. And to me that's really at the core of what makes Porsche so great.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
I've never liked the design of the 997 Turbo, it reminds me of a frog and looks too heavy.
I agree. The rear and side looks nice, but there's something about the front that looks strange.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
So.... to sum up then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but we can all agree that the Panamera is motherfugly?

Quick Reply: Your opinion on the Porsche look?