Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Drove the 997.2 Turbo with PDK today

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
So Mike would you say "no" lag or still noticeable?

I'm going to resist a visit to the dealer for a few months at least!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Your a very lucky man! Get the Turbo S. NOW!!!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
I will be back home in just under two weeks to talk to the (only) Porsche dealer in WA about the Turbo S that I put a small deposit on 2 years ago. He tells me that he has a 997.2 Turbo with PDK and paddles that he wants me to test drive. Really looking forward to it. Test drove a Carrera S with PDK about a year ago that that was impressive in itself. Can't wait.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to all
I have 100 miles on my 2010tt cab. Is it too early to perform launch control ? Don't I have to drive slow until 2000miles for break in period? I can't wait to try the LC

Old 02-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, I'd be interested in hearing about the PDK compared to BMW's DKG. I'm not sure if your M3 has DKG but if it has, how does it stack up against Porsche's PDK?

Old 02-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AudiRS
It sure is a top performer. However, did you feel somewhat detached from the driving experience?
Not really, I think there will always be that special element of involvement with a manual car. This was not far off at all!

Originally Posted by JonA85
Hook, line, and sinker.
Haha, tell me about it. Better than any sales pitch period!

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Good to hear that you like it, The Turbo S is going to rock !
Thanks Mo, I can't wait to see one in person

Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
You can work on left foot braking!
Haha, it did feel strange the first time

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Always a bad idea checking something new out, I am sure it is unbelievable. I am not touching that with a ten foot pole
You know want to

Originally Posted by JohnUSA
I wish I had not read this. How am I going to explain to my wife that I need to trade in my perfectly fine 2007...
Buy her a REALLY nice gift?

Originally Posted by 4Wheels
You're definitely an efficient shopper; picking up a Turbo on the way to the Lambo dealer and taking a LP560 home. Women of the world: take notice.
Haha, it wasn't planned to be honest. I was happy it did play out like that!

Originally Posted by Haku
So Mike would you say "no" lag or still noticeable?

I'm going to resist a visit to the dealer for a few months at least!
There is still tiny tiny bit of lag, but it is more smooth. There isn't that sudden boost at high RPM like the 996 Turbo had. Definite improvement over the 997.1 TT lag-wise.

Originally Posted by dksu1
I have 100 miles on my 2010tt cab. Is it too early to perform launch control ? Don't I have to drive slow until 2000miles for break in period? I can't wait to try the LC
Rather run your baby in properly. The day it happens - you are going to be smiling from ear to ear

Old 02-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Here I was thinking the whole thread that the two cars in a week was the other being the M3. I don't know how I fall behind on these purchases, and I check the site everyday! Sounds like the .2Turbo I will have to check out to dry the PDK. I did not like it in the carrera S, but knows..