Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

drove a 2011 turbo S today

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
octurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
drove a 2011 turbo S today

all i can say- amazing. a friend of mine just picked up one and let me take it for a quick spin today. the car is unbelievably fast- it makes my 500 hp 996TT seem absolutely slow. the shifts in the manual mode with the paddles on the wheel are instantaneous and smooth. Nice rev matching on downshifts as well. handling seems much improved as well. the exhaust sound is better than any other stock turbo i've heard previously, but it's still not loud.
he did some runs in his gallardo vs someone else turbo s and the porsche clearly beat it every time- from a dig, rolling, etc.
porsche really hit a home run with this one!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
octurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
by the way his gallardo is a lp560 cpe and he said he got smoked every time!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
No pics?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The S is stupidly fast, i'm actually trying not to drive mine too much, as i know my licence is in grave danger.

It turns you into an accelleration junkie, and you are always looking for that next hit of power.

I noticed that it is a lot louder than the satandard Turbo i drove a few months ago, i think a lot of it is due to the Carbon airbox.

G.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
Glenn, if you register the car in the name of someone who is under the age of legal responsibility (under 10) and then the police send you a summons for a speeding violation, you say you dont know who is driving, then they automatically prosecute the registered owner of the vehicle right.

If that registered owner is a 6 year old and can't be prosecuted, what they going to do?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
So when are you taking delivery?

Everyone on TS who to drives one seems to buy a Turbo S of their own very shortly there after.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Montana
Glenn, if you register the car in the name of someone who is under the age of legal responsibility (under 10) and then the police send you a summons for a speeding violation, you say you dont know who is driving, then they automatically prosecute the registered owner of the vehicle right.

If that registered owner is a 6 year old and can't be prosecuted, what they going to do?
Hmmm, new one on me, although trying to insure a 530BHP car at the age of 6 may prove to be a little difficult