Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove the S5, A5 and A4 today

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008 | 07:42 AM
jox
|
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Drove the S5, A5 and A4 today

OMG!

What have they done? The B8 platform and chassis = NOTHING like before.

Here's my write-up:
Absolute heaven. So very awesome.

That is all. *wipes drool

Old 02-09-2008 | 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
That's a good resume! Are you in the market for an Audi now?
Did you drive the new model fo the A4 or the earlier? Btw, I'm really in love the the A5, it just looks gorgeous from all angles! Saw one in a parking lot and it stood out from the others like a supercar

Old 02-09-2008 | 07:52 AM
jox
|
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
It is indeed spectacular looking. The interior is just out of this world, too. I am looking at an A5 3.0 TDi for a company car ..........

Here's from the awesome photoshoot:

Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2008 | 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
I test drove the A5 3.0 Tdi when it came out. Awesome car and pretty good fuel economy to boot.
The barebones version of the 1.8T (or 2.0T) is pretty damn cheap but the car looses some of its appeal if it isn't equipped right.

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
So the new A4 is already at the dealer? I thought they were gonna be on sale no sooner than mid '08?

More pics k thx bai.

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:26 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I am loving the new Audi S5, its a great car but it needs the RS4/R8 engine at least to compete with the 400+ high perforamnce cars such as the E92 M3, W204 C63 AMG.

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I am loving the new Audi S5, its a great car but it needs the RS4/R8 engine at least to compete with the 400+ high perforamnce cars such as the E92 M3, W204 C63 AMG.
It does have the same V8 doesn't it? And I think the RS5 is supposed to be the competitor to 6-series, 911 and SL models. The RS4 is competing with the M3 and C63.

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
audi always stradles the S and RS line to fit around the M and AMG lines.

S4 M3 RS4 etc

Jox...do you guys have the new A4 in the EU?

Also...how painful is the 100hp deficit between the a and s5 feel?

Last edited by sheynk; 02-09-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-09-2008 | 10:40 AM
jox
|
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by sheynk

The new A4 is on the streets already, as I was driving around in it

The A5 3.0 TDi feels significantly faster than the S5. (No offense to anyone who has one on order, lol).

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by sheynk
audio always stradles the S and RS line to fit around the M and AMG lines.

S4 M3 RS4 etc

I just checked the local Audi shop and they have a few new A4 at the store already.. Should go and check one out in the weekend and se how it differs from the B7.

Quick Reply: Drove the S5, A5 and A4 today