Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

every driven 200mph plus... I have

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
This thread is very strange. You guys went pretty soft on the newb.

flyinghigh1997: We welcome you to TS. Feel free to post quality content to our site. But it is not a good idea to be too sensative or abrasive - especially with some of our most established members. Dial it back a bit with the tall claims and smart comebacks and you should fit in just fine.

Just my 2 cents.
This coming from an Angels fan.........

Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
This coming from an Angels fan.........
Ha! And after you STOLE John Lackey!?

Old 01-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Ha! And after you STOLE John Lackey!?
He (John Lackey) wanted to come to a better team and better place to play!

Last edited by JonA85; 01-21-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Even though I was in a hospital bed, this was a great moment - to celebrate on YOUR field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KwwkETX-c

Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
flyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to all
This thread is very strange. You guys went pretty soft on the newb.

flyinghigh1997: We welcome you to TS. Feel free to post quality content to our site. But it is not a good idea to be too sensative or abrasive - especially with some of our most established members. Dial it back a bit with the tall claims and smart comebacks and you should fit in just fine.

Just my 2 cents.
thx i will keep that in mind

Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
flyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SSIIICK
Wish the Mercedes dealer would lift the limiter on my CL. I hit 155 real quick. Would like to get a little closer to the 200 mark. Might actually make it without the limiter.
if you get the limiter out in germany there are three ways, first the standard 155mph ( 250km/h) , then AMG gives u the option to de-limit to 280km/h with a limited warrenty and then you can go v-max which has no warrenty. I dont see why that shouldnt work with any other dealership in the world

Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by flyinghigh1997
i dont have a video of my RUF, so i went on youtube to find something similar... its a brit that went to germany for a night to see what his RUF was capable of... .
Just for accuracy, the Brit, Adam (the driver) lived and worked in Germany (actually worked at Ruf for a while) so didn't just go "for a night" the guy is an Autobahn regular

Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SSIIICK is on a distinguished roadSSIIICK is on a distinguished roadSSIIICK is on a distinguished roadSSIIICK is on a distinguished roadSSIIICK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by flyinghigh1997
if you get the limiter out in germany there are three ways, first the standard 155mph ( 250km/h) , then AMG gives u the option to de-limit to 280km/h with a limited warrenty and then you can go v-max which has no warrenty. I dont see why that shouldnt work with any other dealership in the world
Wish that was so here. MBUSA has some weird regulations in place at all dealerships. The way it works in the states is the car can be purchased without the performance package (030) with the top speed at 155 mph and with the performance package (030), which adds a nice LSD, with a top speed of 186 mph. Both of these have full factory warranty. Aftermarket shops that have the software can make the speed unattainable and basically raise it to anything. Believe it or not, I would still have factory warranty as long as the dealership doesn't know. It's pretty pricey here. May end up doing some Renntech work, which will raise the limiter anyways.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I miss out on all the good threads…

Old 01-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSIIICK
Wish the Mercedes dealer would lift the limiter on my CL. I hit 155 real quick. Would like to get a little closer to the 200 mark. Might actually make it without the limiter.
You wont. I've tried and hit an indicated 192 with my foot buried deep into the carpet.

EDIT: Welcome flyinghigh!

Quick Reply: every driven 200mph plus... I have