Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Scuderia values?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
It cracks me up what some people are doing to move these cars.

This car was originally a no stripe car with gold wheels. It's been listed for sale for over a year off and on with different prices.
Ferrari : 430 - eBay (item 250788945385 end time Mar-25-11 11:42:21 PDT)

This one has been listed multiple times with prices between 199k and 235k.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferra...ht_3910wt_1167

Old 03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
forgot i made this thread

mark has hit all the pertinent points but i suppose i keep thinking back to the Ford GT, which was produced in larger numbers than the scud (4000+) and has not only retained it's value but risen steadily. i think its a fantastic looking and performing car, maybe it was simply priced lower than it should have been? i always felt 150k msrp was a steal for that car, especially considering it's historical ties and its phenomenal performance and tuning potential.

oh, and the 997.1 GT3RS hasn't dropped a huge amount either but i suppose it wasn't priced that high to begin with so it makes sense.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Ford GT's have done a great job retaining value these last 2 years I agree. Some of this has to do with all of them that are getting tuned to the hilt. A lot of people are holding on to them but a lot are imho destroying the core of the car by making them 700hp beasts. They are an awesome looking car and they aren't bad to drive. I've never hammered one but do have some seat time in them.

I also agree that the gt3rs .1 version is the best car for the money right now at just over 100k. Hard to beat.

I'm a little unhappy that my wife talked me out of the only white no stripe Ford GT I've ever seen in the $122 range early last year. I should have it but I agreed with here without the stripe it was a little boring. That car has sense suffered a engine HP upgrade and I think has been ruined. Too sad.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^Mark, shut up about the 7.1 RS. Some of us are looking for deals

Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Are they not easily turned back to stock by swapping superchargers? I know the twinturbo 1000hp mosters would be harder to make stock again but don't most owners just put a bigger sc from the svt partsbin on?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
'm a little unhappy that my wife talked me out of the only white no stripe Ford GT I've ever seen in the $122 range early last year. I should have it but I agreed with here without the stripe it was a little boring. That car has sense suffered a engine HP upgrade and I think has been ruined. Too sad.
wow 122! and a solid white no stripe car?? man, that is rare. finding any color without stripes isn't a piece of cake but i don't think ive ever seen a white without the blue stripes

gmac, it's usually just a pulley swap not the whole sc unless you are talking whipple upgrade.

ford itself offers a 100hp upgrade kit for $999...650hp for a grand lol. look here -> Ford Racing Performance Parts

Old 03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
^Mark, shut up about the 7.1 RS. Some of us are looking for deals
The only 997 Classic imho.

Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Are they not easily turned back to stock by swapping superchargers? I know the twinturbo 1000hp mosters would be harder to make stock again but don't most owners just put a bigger sc from the svt partsbin on?
I think most are tuned beyond just unbolting parts. Which is sad in my book.

I know the typical Chevy and Ford V8's are bulletproof these changes are ruining a large generation of the best Ford ever produced.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Banned
Ok so even easier to make stock if you wanted to.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Banned
So if they are running a whipple sc or tt setup the internals have to be beefed up?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 AM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
So if they are running a whipple sc or tt setup the internals have to be beefed up?
no, stock internals are fine. stock clutch too from what im told

Quick Reply: Scuderia values?