Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Scuderia values?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:59 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I hope the treand carries over to the 16M.......that is my fav Ferrari right now and it a nice one drops to 100k ill buy one tomorrow

All joking aside, the Scud is an amzing car - but will CS prices nearing 100k US and the 458 being all the rage - its not a surprise really.

What would be a surprise is a call that HOLDS it value. Is there a modern car that does? Ford GT comes to mind. Porsche 993's some to mind also.....but not much else.
Californias are still selling approx sticker, even pre-owned. 430 Spiders hold their value very well also.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:12 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I was very much surprised with the Cali price as well, seems like its in high demand.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Look at that car. It is absolutely stunningly beautiful. And it has it all - speed, great interior, retractable hard top.

I can see why it is holding its value. It is the perfect soft-core Ferrari.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I hope the treand carries over to the 16M.......that is my fav Ferrari right now and it a nice one drops to 100k ill buy one tomorrow

All joking aside, the Scud is an amzing car - but will CS prices nearing 100k US and the 458 being all the rage - its not a surprise really.

What would be a surprise is a call that HOLDS it value. Is there a modern car that does? Ford GT comes to mind. Porsche 993's some to mind also.....but not much else.
CS Prices aren't nearing 100k You are incorrect. The average asking is still above 140k on CS's.

Guys Scud prices are directly related to the economy. PERIOD. It's not a Niche car though it does have 1/10th or less the production numbers of 430's.

First OFF whomever said the economy is getting better IT's NOT. We have yet to see a 2nd wave of foreclosures that will slam housing even lower. Low enough hopefully to spark another round of buying. Who knows when it will happen and who knows if these foreclosures and low housing rates will create another round of people walking away from their homes. This will make our economy even worse and will force all assets down another notch on the value chain.

THE DOW JONES IND DOESN'T FORECAST A RECOVERY. My industry is still DEAD and will take years to recovery which affects 20% plus of our nations workers.
Thread Jack over.

The amount of Scuds on the market is reflected by A) Economy and B) The nature of the guy purchasing these cars. I've discussed the economy. Remember guys 200k 997GT2's can be purchased for less than some Challenge Stradales right now. Car pricing has fallen. Scuds aren't the only one.

Guys that buy these cars typically trade cars every 6-12 months. Because of this MANY people were going to sell them prior to the economic downturn and now they are stuck with them. As Barrister states the banks don't loan anymore. While I never think buying these things with Credit makes sense most people do buy these toys with credit. With banks tightening up and the entire economy flat OF COURSE THESE CARS ARE GOING TO SIT. They are no different than houses and boats and airplanes and watches. People don't buy when they are uncertain.

I do believe most of the firesales (Have to sell buyers) are gone for the most part so this will hold the sale prices where they are for a while. That being said these are used cars guys. They are going to lose value. If someone bought a Scud or a 911 or a Bentley or a Lambo thinking it would hold value they are as naive as the women that would date JOX.

You need to take emotion out of a purchase like this and you also have to buy something that makes you happy. These are toys. They are only toys and they have no value higher than last years Ipad that is being replaced with a newer better model. Why would either hold value when a newer better version is always just around the corner.

If the economy ever strengthens again these so called "falling like a rock" cars will slow in depreciation again. If you look over the last year I believe they have held their ground in sale prices anyway. I've not paid attention but Ferrari pricing is a constant conversation on Fchat so I watch these discussions a little.

Too many people constantly say dealers are giving 160-180k for these cars so that's what they are worth. Sheesh those guys are crazy. They are only worth that to a wholesaler. Show me an actual sale to an end user for that and then we will talk. In the US...

I believe another aspect of falling car prices (still economy related) is the group of buyers that "really" can't afford these cars anyway. They have a car payment that is too high and have it for status. This group that cling on to owning these cars basically paycheck to paycheck will also thin in this economy creating less demand. We've all discussed supply and demand before.

I'm not trying to talk values up or down. I'm a realist. It's a toy that depreciates and I don't care. If I cared I would never buy a single car. Or a watch or a Purse for my wife. I would live in a secluded house and bury my money in a 55 gallon drum in my yard because I will then assume I've hit rock bottom and life sucks because my life is now predicated on what might happen and not the present...........(see signature)

Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Mark has forgotten more about Ferrari than most will ever know.

But I am still a better plumber.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Californias are still selling approx sticker, even pre-owned. 430 Spiders hold their value very well also.
California's are very low production numbers helping them hold value.

California's are also an insanely good car. They are faster than anything in their competition pool. They offer a perfect run around town car and performance kills the Astons and Mercedes in this particular market. Why wouldn't they hold a little value.

430 Spiders hold value simply because they are without question the best looking drop top money can buy. Nothing close. This is possibly a biased remark.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I was very much surprised with the Cali price as well, seems like its in high demand.
Yes and the supply has been kept in check by Ferrari. They are not being cranked out.

Originally Posted by Barrister
Look at that car. It is absolutely stunningly beautiful. And it has it all - speed, great interior, retractable hard top.

I can see why it is holding its value. It is the perfect soft-core Ferrari.
Agreed 100%. Many Ferrari buyers wanted just this, and many potential GTC and SL65 buyers have stepped up because of it.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Fair points H20.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by LABrit
Fair points H20.
You know I meant to post something about your Pound to US Dollar value when you were talking about Britain Scud values. I looked to see where you guys are hovering right now and it says about 1.60pds to the US dollar right now. The chart I found was forecasting this value to be closer to 1.25pds to US dollar by late summer. Why is that?
British Pound to U.S. Dollar Currency Exchange Rate Forecast

Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
That chart is shocking. I can't see that remotely happening...but you never know.

Quick Reply: Scuderia values?