Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Newbie question - Scud vs F430

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to travel with comfort buy a Lexus. If you want a Ferrari buy a Scud.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TTBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by cstroked
TTBear - where are you located? You can PM me if you prefer that.

My friend's shop has done systems in Ferraris (including a Scuderia) as well as several other exotics.
Located in Canada (Saskatchewan). Will likely be bringing this car up from the States, as choice up here is limited, at best, as you might expect. Thanks for the offer - will definitely keep it in mind!!!!

Originally Posted by Superfly
You CAN travel great distances in any car. It just depends how comfortable you'd like that trip to be. Or maybe how comfortable you'd like your gf/wife to be. I prefer my GT on the mountain roads, but I'd rather take my 911tt to GET TO the mountains. You know?

As long as you're keeping your bimmer, I'd go for the Scud.
Thanks! I agree, which is why I'm wondering if I should go with the Scud, and then just put up with it (if that is even the correct term) for the longer trips. I honestly think it won't be a BIG issue - I've driven from Dublin, Ireland, to Paris, France, in a frigging Caterham, for Chrissakes (It wasn't the perfect trip, but man, the drive was FUN!!)

I've seen your GT - I participated in Race the Base, with my M3 Your GT is a beautiful car!! And, every so SLIGHTLY fast, haha...

Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTBear
Located in Canada (Saskatchewan). Will likely be bringing this car up from the States, as choice up here is limited, at best, as you might expect. Thanks for the offer - will definitely keep it in mind!!!!

Thanks! I agree, which is why I'm wondering if I should go with the Scud, and then just put up with it (if that is even the correct term) for the longer trips. I honestly think it won't be a BIG issue - I've driven from Dublin, Ireland, to Paris, France, in a frigging Caterham, for Chrissakes (It wasn't the perfect trip, but man, the drive was FUN!!)

I've seen your GT - I participated in Race the Base, with my M3 Your GT is a beautiful car!! And, every so SLIGHTLY fast, haha...
One of my friends is the son of Graham Nearn who owned Caterham Cars, so when I was in the UK, I had lots of opportunities to drive those beasts! If you've travelled that far in a Seven, you're gonna feel so coddled in the Scud!!!

Wasn't RTB a lot of fun? Did you see my thread on it here? You're new to the forum, so maybe not.... yeah, "slightly" fast. LOL
https://teamspeed.com/forums/general...h-legally.html

Is this your car? It's the 3 series that caught my attention. Just badass. If it's yours, then truly you WILL be fine with the Scud. And I cannot wait to see your Scud when it's landed. A buddy here in E-town just got a Scud. He shipped it to Vancouver right now while we wait for the snow to melt here in town. Speaking of Vancouver, I was there in the fall when a guy from Regina was picking up a brand new Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera in Arancio Borealis. Maybe you know him?

Anyway, welcome to the Team. And I'm looking forward to meeting up with you in the spring. Post pics of your new car when you get it.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Superfly; 02-10-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
By the way, if you've got your Scud by March, are you going on the Cali trip?

Old 02-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
I've got the Scud but I chose to keep my 997TT for the exact reason you stated. I wanted a capable "exotic" for long drives. I've made 3000+ mile trips repeatedly in the 997TT and will not hesitate to do it again and again because it's just perfect for those types of trips. The Scud, on the other hand, I'd hesitate if faced with that choice. I'm just confirming what was already said here because I've got both cars of different types. The Scud was just not designed to be a long distance cruiser but however, it really isn't that loud within. I'm deaf and I can still carry a decent conversation within. I have also driven a 430 and must also concur that they're completely different beasts. The 430 is much more civilized almost to the point of being more of a GT. Either way, I'd keep your M3 for those long distance trips.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TTBear is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my friends is the son of Graham Nearn who owned Caterham Cars, so when I was in the UK, I had lots of opportunities to drive those beasts! If you've travelled that far in a Seven, you're gonna feel so coddled in the Scud!!!

Wasn't RTB a lot of fun? Did you see my thread on it here? You're new to the forum, so maybe not.... yeah, "slightly" fast. LOL
https://teamspeed.com/forums/general...h-legally.html

Is this your car? It's the 3 series that caught my attention. Just badass. If it's yours, then truly you WILL be fine with the Scud. And I cannot wait to see your Scud when it's landed. A buddy here in E-town just got a Scud. He shipped it to Vancouver right now while we wait for the snow to melt here in town. Speaking of Vancouver, I was there in the fall when a guy from Regina was picking up a brand new Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera in Arancio Borealis. Maybe you know him?

Anyway, welcome to the Team. And I'm looking forward to meeting up with you in the spring. Post pics of your new car when you get it.
Thanks for the welcome, and yes, Race the Base was an INCREDIBLE experience. Even though my car was far from an exotic (although I was glad to see I was far from the slowest guy there ), I was just glad to have experienced it - I went out with a group of friends from Regina - GREAT time - loved every minute of it (except the rain )
Yeah - the Caterham was amazing fun - two of us, delivering it for a friend - we had the "all weather kit" thing, which sucked, but at the time, we didn't care! (My own car at the time was an Audi TT convertible.... don't ask.... it is sort of how I came by my nickname TTBear)(long story).
The GTs at RTB were AMAZING. Thanks for the link to your story - awesome, awesome, awesome . Crazy how consistently FAST the GTs were.

By the way, if you've got your Scud by March, are you going on the Cali trip?
I can say with a fairly high degree of certainly that I won't be there - I unfortunately have a very specific idea of what I'd like in a car, especially if I go the route of the Scud, and the purchase of one depends on one BIG factor (helping out a sibling, and the prospect of timely repayment!!!) so it might be later this year that I purchase one, but I will definitely be on as many of the cruises as possible, once I have a "proper" car....haha..

Nope - I think THAT 4 door 3 series was maybe one of Zahir's?? This one is mine - much more mundane, and I didn't make 300kph, but close....

Originally Posted by atomic80
I've got the Scud but I chose to keep my 997TT for the exact reason you stated. I wanted a capable "exotic" for long drives. I've made 3000+ mile trips repeatedly in the 997TT and will not hesitate to do it again and again because it's just perfect for those types of trips. The Scud, on the other hand, I'd hesitate if faced with that choice. I'm just confirming what was already said here because I've got both cars of different types. The Scud was just not designed to be a long distance cruiser but however, it really isn't that loud within. I'm deaf and I can still carry a decent conversation within. I have also driven a 430 and must also concur that they're completely different beasts. The 430 is much more civilized almost to the point of being more of a GT. Either way, I'd keep your M3 for those long distance trips.
I agree - ideally, the M3 stays. I have way too much invested in it - not in terms of money, but it's the first car I've modded myself (Akrapovic titanium with hi-flows, pulley, ECU tune, etc., etc. (I'm at about +40rwhp - not bad, I guess....) with some cosmetic stuff, too)so lots of me is invested in it, and it would make more sense for long distance trips.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Look forward to contributing as a true member

Cheers!

Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
328isport is an unknown quantity at this point
I've read through every comment on this post as theres some good stuff thats come up. However, i've come to one conclusion, it's the Scuderia you want :-) i do it myself, try to think of the sensible option, but no matter how many good points are made against the not so sensible one you can always find a way to justify it if your heart says Scud go for it, save the comfy seats for when your old and have back problems ;-)

Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant future
Totally agree

I was wavering between the 430 and the Scud and ultimately I chose the Scud.

Different animal...I thought of it this way:

If I get the 430 I will probably always long for the Scud

If I get the Scud I doubt I will long for a 430

Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on either one, they both are a win!