Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Newbie question - Scud vs F430

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tblackj
Used market.
^ This.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
didnt know how to reply because where is the question??

Scud all the way! If u can swing it.

Had 2 430s then the scud, the scud is totally different then the 430 in a good way, besides dumping the corsas for normal pzeros or touring tires if u wanna go 8 hours on the freeway.
Scud eats up its original sticky corsas fast!
but why would u drive any ferrari on the hiway? not even a 612 likes that. its for weekend blasts up ur favorite road.

Originally Posted by TTBear
Hi, all.

In advance, thank you for your help.

I am in the process of researching my first Ferrari .

I am in a bit of a quandry, however. I originally had settled on an F430, but really, REALLY like the idea of a Scuderia. ....

Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
The scud is tolerable up to an hour or so. After that you wish you were In a normal car. It sounds crazy- but the car is very un-involving when driven on highways at legal speeds. Its not comfortable, and you cannot speak with ur passenger. Get the regular f430- and maybe even find a manual trans.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by -eztrader-
The scud is tolerable up to an hour or so. After that you wish you were In a normal car. It sounds crazy- but the car is very un-involving when driven on highways at legal speeds. Its not comfortable, and you cannot speak with ur passenger. Get the regular f430- and maybe even find a manual trans.
I couldn't disagree more with you. All exotics are uninvolving at freeway speeds. This makes no sense to bring up. Its tolerable for 5 hours if you want no problem but not for continual long trips. The op was specific in his use and a scud doesn't fit it. You can also talk to anyone all day long in a scud because they just aren't that loud inside. I've got 7k miles on my 09 and I also have 13k miles on my 430 spider and the only real noise issues are my after market sound systems in both which is a must in any Ferrari because Ferrari sucks ass at radios. Also a must for someone doing 500 mile trips

Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I didn't get a ton of wheel time behind either, but I found the 430 Spider w/ Daytonas more comfortable than the Scud. That said I can see where Mark's coming from.
Originally Posted by h20skier
the only real noise issues are my after market sound systems in both which is a must in any Ferrari because Ferrari sucks ass at radios.
i <3 u

Old 02-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
TTBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, all, for your responses/input. It's a tough call, no doubt.

Would I be happy with an F430? Of course - who wouldn't?

BUT, to explore the pinnacle of what the F430 CAN be..... and to put up with whatever discomfort that might arise on the odd occasion I'd be using it for a long drive....... hmmmmmm........

These are all great points that you guys have raised.

MOST appreciated. I'll keep you guys updated as to the end result.

The best thing about it? Regardless of my ultimate decision? I CAN'T lose!

As an aside - H20skier - could you provide details of your aftermarket audio installs? I'd be most interested. Thanks!!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
I would suggest the 430, unless you want to shoot for a 599 instead

Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTBear
Thanks, all, for your responses/input. It's a tough call, no doubt.

Would I be happy with an F430? Of course - who wouldn't?

BUT, to explore the pinnacle of what the F430 CAN be..... and to put up with whatever discomfort that might arise on the odd occasion I'd be using it for a long drive....... hmmmmmm........

These are all great points that you guys have raised.

MOST appreciated. I'll keep you guys updated as to the end result.

The best thing about it? Regardless of my ultimate decision? I CAN'T lose!

As an aside - H20skier - could you provide details of your aftermarket audio installs? I'd be most interested. Thanks!!!!
I bring it in to a local shop and give them money.....

Really I don't know all the particulars. The great thing about my installs are the only thing you see are the deck difference. All subs hidden in enclosed encasements that 99 of 100 people couldn't see. Sub's underneath and out of site. Sound is incredible. The man hours cost more than the equipment but worth every penny.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
TTBear - where are you located? You can PM me if you prefer that.

My friend's shop has done systems in Ferraris (including a Scuderia) as well as several other exotics.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
You CAN travel great distances in any car. It just depends how comfortable you'd like that trip to be. Or maybe how comfortable you'd like your gf/wife to be. I prefer my GT on the mountain roads, but I'd rather take my 911tt to GET TO the mountains. You know?

As long as you're keeping your bimmer, I'd go for the Scud.

Quick Reply: Newbie question - Scud vs F430