Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Thinking about a Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (DSSD)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the DeepSea Chris. /thread.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
It is a polarizing piece. You either love it or hate it. Try it on and decide for yourself.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond repute
Not a fan of Rolex really.....but I tried on the new explorer II 42mm a few months ago and can't get it out of my head. Also tried the deep sea. Nice but way too heavy for daily use for me.

Tried the explorer on yet?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
My daily's are an Oris 44mm Diver, and 2 Lum-Tec's which are 45mm, so I'm used to top heavy watches. I remembered last night after texting a buddy about it- he bought a fake off the internet and he did show it to me; looks awesome. But I'd never buy a fake lol... such a poser move.

One thing that's odd to me; WHY does the back case of a Rolex look so unfinished? Like, there is no effort to make the entire piece look top notch for that money... sort of irritates me. (I know you don't see it while it's on your wrist but it's the little attention to details that I enjoy- like my Oris has Red Oscillating Weight)

Last edited by STOPPIE; 07-26-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
My daily's are an Oris 44mm Diver, and 2 Lum-Tec's which are 45mm, so I'm used to top heavy watches. I remembered last night after texting a buddy about it- he bought a fake off the internet and he did show it to me; looks awesome.

One thing that's odd to me; WHY does the back case of a Rolex look so unfinished? Like, there is no effort to make the entire piece look top notch for that money... sort of irritates me. (I know you don't see it while it's on your wrist but it's the little attention to details that I enjoy- like my Oris has Red Oscillating Weight)
The Sea Dweller and Deep Sea are true divers watches they are not meant to reflect anything due to their use...

Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, now I'm confused; what's the difference between the Sea Dweller and Deep Sea?

I initially thought I was going to to the title 'Rolex Deep Sea' but was looking on the internet and then called it 'Sea Dweller'.

huh?

such a Rolex n00b

Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, now I'm confused; what's the difference between the Sea Dweller and Deep Sea?

I initially thought I was going to to the title 'Rolex Deep Sea' but was looking on the internet and then called it 'Sea Dweller'.

huh?

such a Rolex n00b
Deep Sea is the lastest version (43mm) look above at DJs photos Deep Sea vs SD (40mm).

Last edited by Marc; 07-26-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Okay, got it. It's the Deep Sea I want. Also per Rolex's site, it states 44mm, not 43mm.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Okay, got it. It's the Deep Sea I want. Also per Rolex's site, it states 44mm, not 43mm.
Yes if you want BIG you want the Deep Sea, I would say 44mm is correct dont know where DJ got that I was just typing what he wrote.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
It used to say 43mm on Rolex's site; that was a mistake. It is indeed 44mm.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (DSSD)