Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Advice on purchasing a new watch (JLC)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice
Advice on purchasing a new watch (JLC)

I know I havent posted on here in a while but here it goes

I currently have only 1 watch a wear it almost every day of the year and have had it for many many years now (white face Rolex Explorer II). I still really like it and surprisingly have not grown too tired of it but I am looking to get another piece (not to replace the explorer II but to just switch off with).

The watch that ive been giving serious thought to is the JLC Master Chronograph. I saw it in person at my local authorized dealer about a week ago with a black face. Although i think id prefer it with a silver face it still looked stunning IMO. I had it on my wrist for about 15 min as a looked around at a few other pieces and tried a few other pieced on (IWC Portofino, IWC Portugese and a couple others). This one definetely stood out the most to me though. It felt great on and looked great IMO.

I was wondering what some of your opinions on this watch is? What do you think of it mechanically? What do you think of the looks (i know thats subjective but still was just wondering just for second opinions)? and i was just wondering any of your other thought or comments on it. I am not a watch expert and I know many of you on here are quite knowledgable IMO (at least 10x more knowlegable than i consider myself to be).

If you dont like it im open to suggestions on other watches. Nothing too big 39 to 42mm is perfect. Leather band is definitely preferred. And something around this price would kind of be the most i'd be willing to spend. I liked the IWC Portofino in pictures a lot but didnt love it on my wrist, I liked the IWC Portugese a lot but preffered the JLC by a decent amount.

I appreciate all comments and input. Thank you in advance.

Just for reference here is a pic that i pulled off of google just for reference of the JLC Master Chronograph with both a silver face as well as a black face:

Name:  _MG_3120.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  121.6 KB

Old 07-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice
Over 24hrs with 78 views and not 1 post!! Cmon someone has to have an opinion...
Help me out guys!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to the watch threads that are active. See who's wearing JLC's, and ask opinions via the thread or PM. No Wambulance calling allowed here.