Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Need help on the next watch

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I've just heard the horror stories; you don't always hear about the good stuff haha. I guess that goes with everything in life.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!blackmagic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by SoCal
I've just heard the horror stories; you don't always hear about the good stuff haha. I guess that goes with everything in life.
Horror stories?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
The ceramic chipping.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by SoCal
The ceramic chipping.
Have heard that in some instances, but very rare. I've had the 292 and 339 for a while.. both perfect.. no worries whatsoever.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Both member swordsman and member graytt have posted pictures of their ceramic chipping off.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Both member swordsman and member graytt have posted pictures of their ceramic chipping off.
Saw that. Panerai clearly needs to address these issues.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
The issue is only with the coating process used for the 339 (https://teamspeed.com/forums/watch-f...l-no-more.html)

Their other pieces are fine... MikeS has a ceramic and no issues there (I believe)

Last edited by GrayTT; 06-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
My fault - I thought that composite case and ceramic were similar.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Have had big problems with my 292. It is now for the second time within a year back to the factory which is a process that takes many months and costs a lot. Both times I was to blame for - dropped the watch on the floor - but honestly any other piece would have survived this easily. Both times most of the black bezel came off and i am now almost convinced that the panerai PVD process on this particular watch is faulty. I am now refusing to pay again more than 1k to repair this for the 2nd time - the watch is still under warranty, I am waiting for an answer from the factory.

I still love the watch and panerai in general and I wished this did not happen or at least I hope it will not happen again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!charris You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Some pictures of my troubled watch...

Name:  Picture001.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  58.4 KB

Name:  Picture009.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  45.3 KB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attached Images  

Last edited by charris; 07-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help on the next watch