Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Just bought a rolex, whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Take the bracelet off, and there should be a set of numbers between eat set of lugs. One is the serial # and the other is the model #. If it has those, and papers, then you should be good to go. If you are still worried, take it to a Rolex AD and have him pull the case back and inspect it.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SoCal
Take the bracelet off, and there should be a set of numbers between eat set of lugs. One is the serial # and the other is the model #. If it has those, and papers, then you should be good to go. If you are still worried, take it to a Rolex AD and have him pull the case back and inspect it.
i spoke to two dealers i found off rolex's site. they said they do not open the watch for authenticity, since that would ruin the watch's water and pressure resistance. is that what you meant?

i also found another retailer off rolex's site, they said they can do appraisal for around 70-80 dollars, is that something you guys would for checking authenticity? sorry if i sound paranoid.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Banned
Like I said, take it to a Rolex AD (authorized dealer) and have THEM pull the case back to verify movement authenticity. It is worth the $$ IMHO.

You can remove the bracelet to check the space between the lugs for serial/model #.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Should have had it authenticated before buying it... but now that you already have it, definitely take it to an AD.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed to find out if it's real or not

Old 02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
^me too...

Old 02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Banned
I've seen some excellent fakes. I am thinking that it is real.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
It's a Rolex! All downhill from here

Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
would this place do?

OFFICIAL ROLEX WEBSITE - Timeless Luxury Watches

the two near me would not authenticate it for the reasons i stated previously. but this place would do appraisal.

Originally Posted by Green
It's a Rolex! All downhill from here
hehe i really hope you are wrong about that, i have my eyes set on a nice patek phillipe.

Last edited by The Yank; 02-25-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Omg even the kiosk in the mall had a tiny device to check the pressure/water resistance when I had my g shock battery replaced. I wonder why these places won't. Just take it to an authorized Rolex retailer.