Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Love the fact that Paul McCartney wears this to his wedding...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoOriginal
bam there goes another $70 million in costs
I'm sorry. What? I don't know about Patek's or really watches in general. How much is that one worth?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by bonehead
I'm sorry. What? I don't know about Patek's or really watches in general. How much is that one worth?
I think it's a 5167.. which is approx. 15-18. The $70mm reference was in regards to what another divorce settlement would cost him.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
I think it's a 5167.. which is approx. 15-18. The $70mm reference was in regards to what another divorce settlement would cost him.
Ah. Gotcha. Not that this number makes anymore sense to me for a timepiece.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by bonehead
Not that this number makes anymore sense to me for a timepiece.
The 5167 is one of a few entry level pieces for Patek might I add..

Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Patek's do ZERO for me. And frankly they're rather boring looking. But thats just my opinion.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
The 5167 is one of a few entry level pieces for Patek might I add..
The aquanaut an nautilus and the only stainless steel pateks you can get right now IIRC.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
At least he's not wearing a tacky 3-button notch lapel "tuxedo" with a colorful shirt and white necktie.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Patek's do ZERO for me. And frankly they're rather boring looking. But thats just my opinion.
I too felt the same back in the day before I owned one. I thought they were boring and bland. However, as I became more interested in horology and my knowledge, appreciation and collection started to grow.. I was able to appreciate their simplistic and subtle beauty more and more. As I have grown older I actually prefer brands like Patek, Lange, Vacheron, Journe etc.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Fail. At a formal event I would never rock a sport watch on rubber strap, especially a wedding, especially if I was worth hundreds of millions.

What car is that, Lexus LS?
Thats the beauty when you have real money you dont care.

Name:  red-hot-chili-peppers-roman-abramovich-new-years-party-st-barts-gouverneur-beach-estate.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  Roman-abramovich-tape.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  127.2 KB

Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
It has nothing to do with money. It has to do with proper dress. We all know he has dumb money, so why isn't he wearing sneakers and a T shirt - because there is certain dress code depending on what you are doing. A wedding is high up in that regard. The watch, it's brand/cost aren't important. He could have an omega AT and I feel it would work better.

Quick Reply: Love the fact that Paul McCartney wears this to his wedding...