Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Watches you like but wouldn't buy! .. and why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Watches you like but wouldn't buy! .. and why?

The Roger Dubuis SY43 1429 Perpetual (3 windows in one line) w/ push button GMT

I am not a RD fan but have been eyeing this for a while. Finally saw it in the flesh. It felt like a Grand Rolex if such a thing were to exist. The price? A ridiculous 133,000 Euros. I would guess a disastrous residual value. Bit too much for the brand, but still a beauty to be admired!

Attached Images    

Last edited by falgo; 08-23-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:36 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Any kind of Hublot.

Love the way some of them look (particularly the Rose MC Yacht Club) but would never pay that kind of money for what is essentially a 200 dollar movement, even if I had five billion in the bank.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ Clearly, Jox is a villain who needs correcting from the Buttcrusher.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
^ Clearly, Jox is a villain who needs correcting from the Buttcrusher.
I was hoping you would say that

Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Mild mannered ginger lawyer by day.

But when Hublot-hating Swedes materialize, I snap into action.

Say hello to my little friend!

Old 08-23-2011, 02:51 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
Hahahha! It took me a second to connect the dots.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The Seiko Spacewalk

Love the brand love the watch but the price is a bit tooooo much!! (over USD 27,000)

Attached Images    

Last edited by falgo; 08-23-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
IWC perpetual calendar. My favorite watch

I wouldn't buy it because I will never be able to afford one lol.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by falgo
The Sieko Spacewalk

Love the brand love the watch but the price is a bit tooooo much!! (over USD 27,000)
What? How? Why?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What? How? Why?
The first run of the Seiko Spring Drive Spacewalk included only six timepieces, and they were not available to the public. However, one of these watches, actually the one worn by Richard Garriott in space, was recently sold by high-grade watch auction house Antiquorum. Starting next year (2008), commemorative versions of the Spacewalk will be sold to the public and this time 100 watches will be made available. This incredibly accurate and complicated Seiko will come at a price though: Seiko expects to sell the new Spring Drive Spacewalk for an astronomical $28,000....

http://m.askmen.com/fashion/watch/se...spacewalk.html

Quick Reply: Watches you like but wouldn't buy! .. and why?