Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Tag vs Omega Vs Breitling

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011 | 08:26 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Tag vs Omega Vs Breitling

hi I am currently looking for my first timepiece...

and Im looking at a

Tag heuer grand carrera

Omega speedmaster proffesional

and a breitling transocean...

I am obviously biased towards car related stuff....

but I am now more interested into "reliability" as well as bang for bucks when it comes to these pieces.. what has been your experience with these brands?? ( hopefully Ill get lucky and someone who has owned all 3 of them and has dealt with their customer service will chime in.)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!! I am a noob and I am reading up on quality and movements etc... its not as easy as I thought it would be.

Last edited by Vakane; 08-19-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2011 | 09:58 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
out of those choices speedmaster without question

Old 08-19-2011 | 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vakane
but I am now more interested into "reliability" as well as bang for bucks when it comes to these pieces..
i think suited to your criteria, you will find the Omega to be the top choice. i also think it's the 'safest' choice for getting most wrist time.
however given that you mentioned specifically car-related, i would say those two Tags are nice to look at and are very sporty
i would never buy one myself though. but if you like how it looks, nothing else matters really

1. calibre 36. much prefer this one. better dial, love the rubber strap (i think it is interchangeable, don't quot me though)

2. calibre 17 rs. very sporty

may i ask what is your budget and if this is your first watch?

Last edited by boursachi; 08-19-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2011 | 11:43 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a Tag guy. My dad and I have a couple and we love them.

Old 08-20-2011 | 04:09 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
the Transocean looks very very good,...

but the Carrera as well

decisions decisions..

but I`d go for the Breitling if it does not have to be a daily

concerning best bang for the buck,I`d say Carrera..it`s not as expensive as the Breitling,yet looks exclusive and simply good!
Quality and finish is impeccable as well

Old 08-20-2011 | 04:17 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
What is your budget ?

Old 08-20-2011 | 04:43 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't own a Tag personally, but I do like the look of the Calibre. IMHO, get the Omega or the Breitling.

Old 08-20-2011 | 08:04 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
Stay away from Tag,

My carrera broke after 2 years and a few months. Had been wearing an explorer 2 exclusively for 8 yrs prior, without incident. Bought the tag and was wearing it about 1/3rd of the time.

Sent it in for repair, 3 mos out of warranty. Charged me almost $900 to repair it (the stem broke off). Initial price was around $2400.

They said it broke because the watch showed signs of abuse. Well I am a brain surgeon not a welder or jack hammer operator. I do not abuse my hands. Recently sent the Rolex in for its first cleaning adjustment etc.

They changed the crystal, polished the whole watch, dismantled and relubed all moving pieces for around $600.

I will never invest in another Tag.

Old 08-20-2011 | 08:12 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
What is your budget ?
I want to stay under 5 lol...

Old 08-20-2011 | 08:15 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Stay away from Tag,

My carrera broke after 2 years and a few months. Had been wearing an explorer 2 exclusively for 8 yrs prior, without incident. Bought the tag and was wearing it about 1/3rd of the time.

Sent it in for repair, 3 mos out of warranty. Charged me almost $900 to repair it (the stem broke off). Initial price was around $2400.

They said it broke because the watch showed signs of abuse. Well I am a brain surgeon not a welder or jack hammer operator. I do not abuse my hands. Recently sent the Rolex in for its first cleaning adjustment etc.

They changed the crystal, polished the whole watch, dismantled and relubed all moving pieces for around $600.

I will never invest in another Tag.
Good to know this.

Well so far... majority says to be careful with tags.... I love the look of the tag... but ...

Quick Reply: Tag vs Omega Vs Breitling