Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What do you guys think of Seiko dive watches?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011 | 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by akiruno
Seiko Monster
I've got one inbound; can't wait!

Old 06-20-2011 | 10:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Craiger, that thread (plus my Seiko dying) was what got me looking in the first place. Modding them though, these are under $200 watches, doesn't the modding cost more than the original?
second hand.

I just picked up a SKX033 with new hands, spacer and bezel, and another with new bezel, spacer and strap for 260 shipped to my door. Both LNIB with boxes and papers (preasure tested).

Waiting on the Canadian postal strike to end so it can be released from customs.

Old 06-21-2011 | 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Seiko divers get my seal of approval. Great price, made entirely in-house, rock solid, great history... what's not to love?

Old 06-21-2011 | 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
Besides the link previously stated, where can one get these watches? I need a better solution than putting my Breitling in my pocket when I am getting my hands dirty at work. Seems like these would be a good compromise between quality and peace of mind (with regards to them getting destroyed at work).

Some ideas for "modding" them would be great too. I assume that this means just the strap.

I am in the business of jewelry/insignia manufacturing so once I get some ideas for improvement I have the ability to plate/polish/finish/whatever as I please.

Old 06-21-2011 | 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
Holmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kraeburn
Besides the link previously stated, where can one get these watches?
Ebay!

Wear my 007 on a nato strap and 009 on a jubilee, great watches!

Old 06-21-2011 | 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kcturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Seiko Monster

Marathon Sar

*Photos from TRF
Do you know where to get the strap on the Orange Monster?

Old 06-21-2011 | 08:55 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
The SKX023 that I'm looking for only has one guy selling right now and he wants $200 for it which is a bit overpriced. I've best offered him twice now but I think at this point I'll just wait.

An SKX033 with a black face/bezel would be sweet though! 38-40mm is just fine with me as long as the bracelet is appropriately sized. Anyone have an idea what that type of modding would run?

Last edited by big_slacker; 06-21-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-21-2011 | 09:48 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
ive had an skx009 w/ nato strap forever, been to hell and back and never missed a beat.

doesn't have a scratch on it either, great build quality.

Old 06-21-2011 | 10:00 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Seiko Monster

Marathon Sar

*Photos from TRF
I want that monster setup ASAP! Anyone know where I can get it just like ASAP! Help!

Old 06-23-2011 | 05:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
My Seikos...

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of Seiko dive watches?