Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Watch Winders

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011 | 07:07 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Buy cheap, buy twice. Just get the good one and be done with it.

Old 11-28-2011 | 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
I have one cheap winder and one really expensive one. I only use the cheap one for various reasons. It's from Wolf and does anything I would ever want a winder to do.

That being said, I am not a big proponent of winders in the first place. I only use it for my perpetual calendar. Aside from an annual or perpetual calendar, I'd skip it and take 10 seconds to set your watch when you want to wear it. My $.02

Old 11-28-2011 | 07:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Wolf makes inexpensive but effective winders.

https://www.wolfdesigns.com/

Old 11-28-2011 | 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have this particular model. It is by no means the greatest winder but very fit for purpose.

Heiden Burl Wood Quad Watch Winder with Drawer | Overstock.com

Saves the trouble of setting the date and time in the morning.

Old 11-28-2011 | 07:57 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
I have a Wolf winder for 6 watches and 2 of the units have failed requiring me to take them apart to fix them. Wolf acknowledged a design defect and offered to replace each module at a cost ~$400. I now have 10 or 12 of the Orbita programmable modules and I'm eventually going to build my own enclosure for them.

Old 11-29-2011 | 11:19 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Josh skip it.

Old 11-29-2011 | 11:20 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
Josh skip it.
After hearing Steve's perspective I was happy to take his word for it.

After hearing yours, i'm almost convinced to buy one again!

Old 11-29-2011 | 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Nacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura aboutNacelle has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SteveH
I have one cheap winder and one really expensive one. I only use the cheap one for various reasons. It's from Wolf and does anything I would ever want a winder to do.

That being said, I am not a big proponent of winders in the first place. I only use it for my perpetual calendar. Aside from an annual or perpetual calendar, I'd skip it and take 10 seconds to set your watch when you want to wear it. My $.02
That makes a lot of sense.... good input

Old 11-29-2011 | 08:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SteveH
Wise advice.

My wife uses winders for her watches. She wouldn't wear them if she had to set them. Women . . .

I set all of mine by hand.