Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Ode to G-Shock

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
it is the Military Edition. I LOVE the strap. It is very comfortable and prefer it over the normal rubber straps.

I can't find a strap like that in any models currently for sale. Can anyone point me to one? Thx

Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I've never worn a G-Shock because they are too big for my arms, but I do have a cool Ironman story. I was under my truck working on loosening a bolt that would not budge. I had an 18" breaker bar on it it and with all my strength on the bar the bolt broke. The release threw my arm back onto the frame so hard it dented it with the watch. The watch was fine. Ran for another 5 years.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
This is mine. I love it.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamspeed1331063227.805573.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  118.8 KB

Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Green
I can't find a strap like that in any models currently for sale. Can anyone point me to one? Thx
I believe its only on the model I have, as in the picture

Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean
I'm probably going to pick up one of these soon. Solar, atomic, indestructible.

My wife bought me that one a couple of Christmases ago - although slightly different coloring - pretty indestructible. I've also got another G-shock floating in the ocean near Bermuda somewhere... still not even sure how it came off my wrist (∆!). I've always really liked G-Shock/Iron Man, etc. They're cheap, perfect for traveling - very reliable, durable and not very attention-grabbing.

The only thing with this watch is if the atomic auto-set is having a hard time setting itself (primarily when traveling across time zones), it's a real pain to figure out how to set it manually until it updates. Also the hands block the sub dials pretty regularly. That said, it's a very good watch!

Attached Images