Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Panerai Damage Question (photos attached)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Marcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond repute
Panerai Damage Question (photos attached)

Hey Guys,

I have a PAM 176 (Titanium) that I got some over-spray on while cleaning a car back in the summer. When some of the cleaner I was using sprayed up on the watch it discolored the areas it hit. Any recommendations/suggestions for re-finishing or polishing? I attached a few pictures of the damage. It is located directly to the left of the crown on the edge of the dial and on the side of the watch as well. It is tough to see, but you should get a general idea.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Holidays,

-Marc

Attached Images     
Old 12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
Marc, I would be happy to fix it for you if you'd like.

Gil

Old 12-23-2009, 12:15 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. If you think thats bad you should see my banged up 90. I say it adds charachter to your watch.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Try a red eraser from a #2 pencil. Do it lightly though. I used that to clear blemishes on my titanium 116.

Last edited by lordceniza; 12-23-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
My 221 is all dinged up and scratched as well. Adds character if you ask me. I thought Titanium was supposed to be hard!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
My 221 is all dinged up and scratched as well. Adds character if you ask me. I thought Titanium was supposed to be hard!
It is. It's hard to keep clean.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts
titianium is softer than SS, at least i know if has a more similar modulus of elasticity t o bone than SS does

Old 12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Marcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond reputeMarcsky has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all of the replies.

Gil,

I will get in touch with you after the new year. Thank you for the offer!

-Marc

Old 02-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
joelpirela is an unknown quantity at this point
Dip the watch in oxyclean. That's not a scratch that need refinishing, it's a natural reaction from the Ti material to the chemical in the cleaner. First use windex to see if it improves.
joel