Notices
Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion Spotted! Your Favorite Celebrity and His/Her Automobile & The Fashion & Style Discussion Forum.

What do you call jeans with no brand name attached to them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 PM
M44
Teamspeed Member
M44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond repute
What do you call jeans with no brand name attached to them?

I'm toying, a little beyond the concept stage, with starting a jean company. Specifically distressed, boot cut, regular and loose fit jeans. I've been researching a little and can't seem to conclusively figure out what you call regular plain jeans that are then bought by a manufacturer and labeled. I've found references to unmarked and unbranded, but I'm not really sure. Anyone know? I sure as heck don't have the capital to fund a factory so I'm gonna have to rely on a supplier.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
a simple search:

Denim Jeans Manufacturers & Suppliers
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/Denim_Jeans.html

so what stage are you at with this jean company?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:05 AM
M44
Teamspeed Member
M44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond reputeM44 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry
a simple search:

Denim Jeans Manufacturers & Suppliers
Denim Jeans, Denim Jeans Manufacturers & Suppliers

so what stage are you at with this jean company?
Sorry, I don't know how I missed those, I spent about 6 hours trying to find something and that's exactly what I need.

I'm a little beyond the idea stage, I'm trying to figure out if this is even feasible and am gonna try and crunch some numbers soon. If it ever takes shape I'll let TeamSpeed know.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
good luck!

id start like this:

get the cash to buy 1000 pair.

design your label.

have your supplier attach the label.

and ship these jeans on over to where you are located.

go to 40-80 of these little boutiques and consign a dozen of every size you want to market to.

presto! you just failed or have a business.

does this sound like where you are at???

Old 07-23-2009, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm . . . bootcut and relaxed . . . really? A good quality, reasonably priced, and basic straight leg would seem like a better option to me. They will always be in style, and as fashion trends continue to embrace 'classic American' style, they could be very profitable.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
good luck!

id start like this:

design your label.

go to 40-80 of these little boutiques and consign a dozen of every size you want to market to.

... and why can't you run our country ... or at least design a sensible health care system for the baller in the White House???

Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
If you are ever looking to get really serious [mass production], contact me

Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Boot cut is all I wear. Good luck!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
M44
Teamspeed Member
good luck!

id start like this:

design your label.

Close to it, although I'm thinking of hiring a few people and attaching the labels and then distressing the jeans here in the USA.

Originally Posted by M5Kid
Hmmm . . . bootcut and relaxed . . . really? A good quality, reasonably priced, and basic straight leg would seem like a better option to me. They will always be in style, and as fashion trends continue to embrace 'classic American' style, they could be very profitable.

I didn't really consider straight leg, but that is definitely going to be someithng to consider.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
the newer trend seems to be girl-cut jeans...

if you hire people, you have overhead.

id start with as small of an ordeal as possible.

btw, wouldnt it be less money to have the chinaman do the distressing? i can see you ruining several pair trying to figure this out...

Quick Reply: What do you call jeans with no brand name attached to them?