Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Those rolexes do nothing for me. I'd rather have a speedmaster pro or a RO 39 or VC overseas.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SHH
Awesome posts Ali! A very nice read
I was soooo close to pulling the trigger for a D-serial 16610LV two years ago... It was complete, and the AD wanted $4500!! I regret that now
thanks Carl! i was hoping am not trolling and some of you guys are enjoying these posts haha the only way to keep my mind off the insert/bb arriving is browsing more watches
wow THAT would have been a sweet deal for the LV! after doing more research and finding that the Z serials 16220 and 16710 can fetch at least $5.4k each i now see why the LVs are a bit higher. what i hate is seeing all those LNIB examples and never a used one, shame really
the lv and dj2 (16300) are shaping up to be the finalists in the rollie dept. basically colour of the green bezel

VERSUS the dial options (colour + numerals) of the dj2

new subc green is too much for me and i much prefer the 116710 for the newer cases.
brushed bracelet is what i'm preferring those days but not a big enough factor to swing it.

questions
1. on the LV, you could swap the green for a black insert from any submariner. correct? are those in abundance?
2. there was never a submariner prior to the newer case/ceramic bezel that had the maxi dial, correct?

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Those rolexes do nothing for me. I'd rather have a speedmaster pro or a RO 39 or VC overseas.
love omega and always convince friends to get them when they talk to me about watches/their budgets. personally love a few models in specific combos but cannot seem to love them enough to commit. will be very surprised if i end up ever buying an omega actually
vcos dual is brilliant stuff, personally i would tie that up to a RO Day Date!
and i'm sure i could get both rollies mentioned above for same/bit less than a roc 39 alone
hope to see a RO 41 Daydate

Old 06-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
alas contrary to my former belief, it seems that it is doable and indeed attainable at a ridiculous price.. i contacted a nice owner of an SS daytona who has done it for a GREAT deal but he was patient and sourced the dial/red hands through acquaintances
Rolex Daytona silver arab RACING DIAL for $*2,617 for sale from a Private seller on Chrono24

from attached, #21 is my fav, #27 is badasssss
edit: apparently it is a direct swap red hands go in and seems like that is it (obviously the bezels are different but this has nothing to do with it posing off as a WG)

Attached Images  

Last edited by boursachi; 06-08-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
moabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond repute
I've been lusting after a Panerai lately.

I have to do a bit more research to do (it took me about four months to decide on my IWC!) but I am leaning heavily towards Panerai.

I know there are a few of you that have them. Once I narrow it down a bit I hope to get some feedback!

Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
moabite plz do your search over here as i wud like a pam education the numbers and the models confuse me and the prices variation on some of them more so! good luck.. the hunt and chase is soooo much fun

me:
1. i launched the hunt for a wg daytona dial.. silver dial w arabics and the hollow chronos. will see how that goes and will take my sweet time

2. mate of mine had his subc green dial on tonight and we were playing Deal so i told him to sit in front of me so i can see his watch okay now i think it's cool, looked fine, crystal seemed tooo reflective.. wtf is up with rolex and that? case was distinctive and i still think gmt2c is the handsome-r watch but the green works and i see that now.
subc green vs sub lv is a cool place to be imho

Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a bit of a PAM nut. Feel free to ask questions and they will be answered by someone on here.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by moabite
I've been lusting after a Panerai lately.

I have to do a bit more research to do (it took me about four months to decide on my IWC!) but I am leaning heavily towards Panerai.

I know there are a few of you that have them. Once I narrow it down a bit I hope to get some feedback!
There are some great pieces. I was a big time Risti for a few years. Am so over it now but feel free to shoot some questions out there. Enjoy your search.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
alas contrary to my former belief, it seems that it is doable and indeed attainable at a ridiculous price.. i contacted a nice owner of an SS daytona who has done it for a GREAT deal but he was patient and sourced the dial/red hands through acquaintances
Rolex Daytona silver arab RACING DIAL for $*2,617 for sale from a Private seller on Chrono24

from attached, #21 is my fav, #27 is badasssss
edit: apparently it is a direct swap red hands go in and seems like that is it (obviously the bezels are different but this has nothing to do with it posing off as a WG)

#27 is indeed a beauty. almost bite. til i saw the new chocolate dial. which is gonna be my next Datona, i think. some pics i took on the #27. it is really really nice.

#19 i've always liked. it's meteorite i think. with the tan/brown strap it's a winner.

Attached Images   
Old 06-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
^Best looking Daytona I've ever seen.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
There are some great pieces. I was a big time Risti for a few years. Am so over it now but feel free to shoot some questions out there. Enjoy your search.
No longer a Risti?

Finally find a steady girlfriend

Quick Reply: Your next watch