Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just a dumb Marine. Please spell it out "Barney" style for me from now on. Kthxbai.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Look at Rolex sea dweller. No cyclops, bigger case than sub and explorer.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dutchnick
One day...
classy prefer that to the square stuff from b&r

Originally Posted by big_slacker
Maybe a used Explorer II? I like it a lot, seems plentiful online. Only don't like the cyclops.
not a big fan of the E2 personally but have to vouch for the rollie bracelet over the omega's
i would go one step further than Kevin and say look at the Deep Sea

Originally Posted by parealtor
IWC Big Pilot's Watch Edition Muhammad Ali
unfortunately i don't think that works at all appreciate the effort and would love to see the BP in a more hip, sporty theme.. but not like that imho

Old 05-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
zuki is on a distinguished roadzuki is on a distinguished road
I think my next one will be the 2012 Tissot MotoGP watch...

Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
This is spectacular

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamspeed1338302008.361556.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  98.4 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamspeed1338302014.850136.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  68.8 KB

Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
not thinking about a next watch seriously yet. but bored and educating myself, so no more fitting thread than here for these
found that the Sub LV spiked in price apparently and is very close to the DJ2, of which i am not the biggest fan (i posted in this sec before that i had my mate's 2-tone with olive romans and dial on for the night and was bored before the outing was over!)

until: all steel Datejust II (without fluted bezel)
great idea, fixes a huge no-no for me with the current 2s, and would you look at the blue dial w romans.. i THINK it is offered on the fluted version as well, and/so while not an expert the first two pics seem like they are exact dials of the current DJ2s with the 18k wg fluted bezel so perhaps all dials will be offered, and then some? that's the way they should do it at least

attached below are some pics i got off TRF
arabics silver dial is pretty sweet, with a smooth bezel it could be a serious prospect for anyone wanting an all-around watch imho.
black dial w black romans is legit, but the blue dial with smooth bezel above is more interesting i think

Attached Images         
Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
It's a decent update, but the blue and green lume looks cheap to me.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
found a pic of when i had my mate's dj2, nice but so boring imho anyone tried this on? never a fan of TT

Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
It's a decent update, but the blue and green lume looks cheap to me.
do you prefer the fluted bezel? always thought it did not carry well from the 36mm with the added diameter. obviously it is a taste preference, yet i think i am just too accustomed to it with the original stance, just like with the ROO's screws distance apart from the 42 vs 44 the smooth bezel will be a great touch, esp for a guy whose grail is the platinum day-date (36+41) along with the romans, and a blue tone dial, it's now clear to me why i like it haha

re the arabics, love that and it's probably due to loving and lusting for the WG Daytona with panda dial; re the lume i understand where you're coming from but as a colour choice i think it's great and makes it very youthful. wish they would make the exact dial with the smooth bezel.
oh hell they should also offer a brushed bracelet

all that being said, i'm not sure about interchanging parts from the grey market or otherwise, but man rolex can make a(n extra) killing if they loosen up with the ref-orders and let the guys put together combos they want. not that they need the business but with today's competition and at the rate they're punching out those updated versions and dials they might as well run it for a few yrs

Old 06-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
new 41mm Royal Oak will be very popular i am sure. all due respect to AP but to me they are blatantly going for the Daytona market with those dials, cannot be coincidence.. which is a good thing and smart

this is a cool tone

this 39mm has more life and a complete diff personality

personally if i'm spending apro money i would want to see 41mm day-date version, much better suited for a RO imho

pretty sure you can get two rollies for the price of one of any of the above

Old 06-08-2012, 07:23 AM
SHH
Teamspeed Senior Member
SHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the rough
Awesome posts Ali! A very nice read

I was soooo close to pulling the trigger for a D-serial 16610LV two years ago... It was complete, and the AD wanted $4500!! I regret that now

Last edited by SHH; 06-08-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Your next watch