Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with these sometimes looking old man, but idk about bling. That being said, YG is not my thing most of the time.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I prefer bubble wrap... Uhh, what?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Mark, I think I've found something you may be interested in...

Datograph perpetual

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 04-26-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
Umm.. I am going to disagree. Currently there are 121 different models of wristwatches for men from Patek. Of the 121.. 23 are PT and 14 are SS. Approximately 70% of Patek's current pieces are in one form of gold.. whether yellow, rose or white. Clearly, they know their consumers tastes. In my opinion, a "gold" Patek is the farthest thing from BLING/CHEAP... it's historic, classic and timeless. Look at Patek's auction results in the past decade from Christie's, Sotheby's etc.. they speak for themselves. $5.637mm for a 1527 in yellow gold.. I could go on and on with boring statistics of Patek's sold for astronomical prices in gold.

Patek are master watchmakers from 1839. Just recently, the SS Nautilus/Aquanaut line came about. Patek is so much more than a recent "sporty" model lineup. Their real historic and most notable complicated pieces are in precious metal form dating back to the early 1800's. Most people know nothing about their history and timepieces.. they just see a cool looking SS Nautilus and think they know a Patek. Put a 1527 and a 5980 next to each other. I'd take a guess that approximately 95% of people would choose the Nautilus over the historic gem based on it's looks and because well.. it's not gold.

Cheapens it? A gold Patek.. really? With that said, unfortunately it's not my wrist in the picture above. I didn't have my camera on me when I tried the piece on. That was the best shot I could find of one on the wrist. But it does look good in MY opinion!
Let's be very clear. I like all Patek but wouldn't in my lifetime wear a gold inn color watch. I'm not 60 yet.

There is a reason PP makes 70% gold as you state mostly yellow red gold. It's be cause most buyers are very rich and above 60. Sorry did I stereotype it? Yep I did and can. Most of their watches are below 39mm as well. Same reason. Won't make me want the watch.

When I am 60 I will rethink it. Only then will I sell my sports type cars and purchase a Bentley as well whoops stereotyped.

Are they incredible time pieces? Yes! You won't catch me with one on. No way.
Originally Posted by boursachi
i think most of you guys are missing the point here. actually, the ONLY watchmaker who can A L W A Y S pull off gold in any colour or alloy is Patek Phillipe
this true cause old rich guys buy them.
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Mark, I think I've found something you may be interested in...

Datograph perpetual
I've looked at that watch about 45 times. It's not Essentials I believe. I believe they are pricing someone elses inventory.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ive never seen that Datograph Perpetual. WOW!!!! What a watch!!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Ive never seen that Datograph Perpetual. WOW!!!! What a watch!!
I actually had my visa out 2 times on that stupid piece. The AD wasn't budging on the price at 141k and I couldn't justify a timepiece VS a Challenge Stradale.......

It really is fantastic in person as well.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by h20skier
I actually had my visa out 2 times on that stupid piece. The AD wasn't budging on the price at 141k and I couldn't justify a timepiece VS a Challenge Stradale.......

Good thing you pulled your Visa back.. paying retail for that piece would have been crazy!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by BDSK
Good thing you pulled your Visa back.. paying retail for that piece would have been crazy!
I know it can be had for 80-90k.

I also know my wife doesn't love it enough to justify.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by h20skier

The one I posted was WG, hence $80k. Can't get a CS for that!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Put the Skeleton Perp on the wrist at the AP Boutique today.. obviously, didn't want to pay retail.. but it was hard to walk away from. Starting the search in SS as PT would be absurd.

Quick Reply: Your next watch