Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Ali I've seen the GMT at Salhiya, it looks better when flipped showing the movement
Ali this is my next consideration,
With the Black strap from the WG model
* yeah i know what you mean re the GMT, but please make a note and try on the WC LE in 360 .. don't just view it, TRY IT

* LOVE Patek Philippe, but the Nautilus is too slim for my taste (never tried it on though)
still:
a. are you sure the strap will fit the steel version?
b. if so, make sure you see and try the SS "blue" dial + black leather from the WG in real!

* we're still young for Pateks man, let me know what you're rotating now in your collection .. there must be something you can venture into without jumping straight into Patek!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
* yeah i know what you mean re the GMT, but please make a note and try on the WC LE in 360 .. don't just view it, TRY IT

* LOVE Patek Philippe, but the Nautilus is too slim for my taste (never tried it on though)
still:
a. are you sure the strap will fit the steel version?
b. if so, make sure you see and try the SS "blue" dial + black leather from the WG in real!

* we're still young for Pateks man, let me know what you're rotating now in your collection .. there must be something you can venture into without jumping straight into Patek!
I will check it out whenever I am in 360 mall, Nautilus is 43mm its the sportiest PP out there with the Aquanaut so its not for the certain age group/target market PP generally offers for. Other manufactures ?

I dont like many watch manufacturers,

The current watches I've got are a ROO Rubberclad and the ROO Bumblee Bee, I just want something a bit more formal than casual. Cant say I am much a fan of watches with the steel bracelet other than AP,Rolex and PP.

I might consider a Rolex I've always liked the DeepSea and the GMT2. What is putting me off is that Rolex is like Porsche over here its such a cliche with the likes of Bulgari,Cartier and Chopard; the masses have them.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 02-08-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
awesome thread, and holy sh1t way too many ex-6spders here lol!

i am still undecided, but this is topping the list right now
Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Squadra World Chronograph (Ti on Rubber)
LE 1500 pcs

imho pics (courtesy of gemnation.com) do not do it justice
must be tried on to witness its presence
I've got one and love it. It wears heavy.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
* i was referring to the Nautilus' HEIGHT and not diameter, isn't it a bit SLIM for your taste bro?
coming from AP, and considering the GMT2/DeepSea, i think you and i share a preference of BULK in height

hmm so you rotate between the 2 APs? no Rolex? in that case:

* the GMT2 (i am guessing you are referring to the Ceramic) is really nice and sporty AND casual.. i myself own a GMT coke, and it is much more understated despite the red.. i tried the GMTII C on for a few days, and i found that i miss the "color combo" though.. i found it to be "too dark" - but it wears great.
the Deep Sea is too much for my taste, but i know where you're coming from

* for a more DRESSY/classy look, did you consider the Yacht-Master? i LOVE the SS/Plat to bits, but again, you might not be a fan of the "low ride" of the case
of course, the Daytona is always a safe venture and you will not feel strange because it's really sporty
you're welcome to borrow any of them bro if you wish to try them out and about for a while just say the word

* also, JLC has a few cool round "gentleman" watches you can check out.. one of which is the Master World Geographic

* of course, the Rolex candidates are much easier on the wallet
not sure on the JLC pricing though

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I will check it out whenever I am in 360 mall, Nautilus is 43mm its the sportiest PP out there with the Aquanaut so its not for the certain age group/target market PP generally offers for. Other manufactures ?
I dont like many watch manufacturers,
The current watches I've got are a ROO Rubberclad and the ROO Bumblee Bee, I just want something a bit more formal than casual. Cant say I am much a fan of watches with the steel bracelet other than AP,Rolex and PP.
I might consider a Rolex I've always liked the DeepSea and the GMT2.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by h20skier
I've got one and love it. It wears heavy.
awesome bro! congrats
PLEASE refer me to a thread where i can find pics or KINDLY post/email (boursachi@hotmail.com) pics of it

i would LOVE to see some wrist-shots and many views and angles of the watch.. online searches are not helping

Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Boursachi,

Will have a look at the boutiques when I am in the market.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MM, hit me up and we can roam and browse together
for now, salaat o tesba7 3ala khair

Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 PM
AMGFanatic
MM, hit me up and we can roam and browse together
for now, salaat o tesba7 3ala khair
Sure no problem, I'll inform you sometime.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
boursachi, that's a great looking JLC!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
This has been on my mind recently... May pick up soon.

Name:  A023_1_20110109_04d49c59-fc06-4fd3-a453-ecfc69d7e166204805.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  22.8 KB

Quick Reply: Your next watch