Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I have my eyes on the VC Overseas in titanium, the price isnt bad but the dealer here is POS.

I will get one when in Summer 2012 if I go to Europe

Old 08-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I recently just found the VC and it has been added to my wish list! Gorgeous watch, went to the store to try it on the other day and it had the rubber band on which I wasnt a fan of. They offered to put on the leather band but I knew I wasnt buying it, at least from them so I didnt have them do it. But a gorgeous piece.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
I recently just found the VC and it has been added to my wish list! Gorgeous watch, went to the store to try it on the other day and it had the rubber band on which I wasnt a fan of. They offered to put on the leather band but I knew I wasnt buying it, at least from them so I didnt have them do it. But a gorgeous piece.
I havent tried it on but how does it compare to the Royal Oak Offshore(I've got two AP ROO's) ? Is it worth it to add to the collection or they are too similar ?

Old 08-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I havent tried it on but how does it compare to the Royal Oak Offshore(I've got two AP ROO's) ? Is it worth it to add to the collection or they are too similar ?
Well I haven't had the opportunity to try on an AP Royal Oak Offshore but Ive seen them and well I much prefer the AP over the VC. The VC didnt have as much of a presence to me, but it seems to be meant to be that way with the grey scheme.

I have been reading up on all the watch makers and their history and it seems if you are a watch collector a VC is a must have.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
AMGFanatic
I would save the $ and get the AP Nautilus you want in the thread you created, it holds its value more. The VC looks similar to the AP, the PP can be differentiated.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 08-17-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^ I agree. What did the dealer offer the VC to you for?

also here is a pic of the VC in gold. Not too shabby but doesn't compare to the Patek imo.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:36 PM
AMGFanatic
The VC dealer here isnt great, he has other watches like RM, Romaine jerome, gerald genta and they arent as in demand like the other watches that do sell well here such as Rolex,Cartier,Chopard etc.

They dont stock new watches, they only sell well with Corum line other than that they have watches that have been collecting dust for a while.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
loving the Rolex Daytona and i have set my eyes on a Bell & Ross Phantom

but since the Dealer of Bell & Ross is Also a POS here in Kuwait
i'll be checking out the Boutique in Dubai when i go on the 31/8

i dont know why?!? but most watch dealers here in Kuwait are crap they lack knwoledge+service is terrible, and most of them have old collections from 09/10 !!

Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura about
For me the VC overseas is to similar to other watches.
I think there are more VC-like VC's out there, if you catch my drift.

VC is a must have collector's watch, so I'd want one which really stands for the VC style: like this

Or if you want something more conventional looking:

And thess is are also fantastic pieces:

For me those last pieces is what Vacherin is all about. The piece really speaks, it says, this is the real art of watchmaking, and there is no other company that can do it like us. This is 250 years of watchmaking experience.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Sonar I completely understand what you are saying and tbh that Vacheron Constantin Historiques American 1921 (top one) is my favourite VC. How can you not love the grandfather of all race watches with its tilted dial so you can keep your hands at the steering wheel and still read the time? Just beautiful. Those other pieces also look fantastic.

The only problem I have with them is the price, obviously. And I agree with you that the Overseas is kinda similar to other watches but still I think it has something unique to it, especially the subdials. And tbh, I prefer its looks to APs RO or PP Nautilus. And the chance you will see someone else with the same VC is a lot smaller.

Quick Reply: Your next watch