Notices

FS: Proper GMT 1675 from 1977, aged like a fine wine

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
FS: Proper GMT 1675 from 1977, aged like a fine wine

Mods feel free to move to sale section at your discretion.

Due to some rather valuable camera equipment being stolen from me while in San Francisco the other weekend, I am regrettably selling my personal 1675.

The watch was sourced from one of the most reputable vintage dealers in the country (PM if you'd like to know), and has one of the best dial/bezel combinations I've ever seen (and I work with watches for a living). Watch has been fully serviced within the past year and is running within COSC standards!

Serial# is 5,3XX,XXX which dates it to 1977. Maxi dial shows light aging, consistent from hour markers to the hands (all original). Bracelet is original Rolex, but not original to the watch (580 end links, very little stretch as pictured). The bezel has aged to a very desaturated state (pics do no justice), and does have some light markings, with scuff at 3.

If you'd like to see other pics or have any other questions, feel free to PM me or email me at blake@hodinkee.com

I am giving TS first crack at this watch, and best price. If I get full asking price, I will include the leather HODINKEE strap seen in one of the pics ($149 value).

Asking $5,800

bottom right

Last edited by ctzn; 06-06-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Raiff will buy this, then resell it in 30 days.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Raiff gets friends and family discount if he wants it, not sure if it's big enough for him though

Old 06-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
sorry about the stolen equipment
sorry to see you parting with this
can't i talk you out of it?!

glws if not

Old 06-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks boursachi, would love to keep it, but insurance is not covering my stolen equipment unfortunately.

Have a feeling my wife will try to talk me out of it this evening as well, as I had hopped to give this one to my son someday, but life's priorities must be met.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
AdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond repute
credit card insurance won't even cover it? bummer.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
man such a beauty, actually a lil too nice as i am in the market for a pepsi dial to give my hulk a break... GLWS bud, sorry for the circumstances!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't see this until now. I too am bummed that insurance won't cover the stolen equipment...

Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
man i can't wait ... bit of a pickle with the shipment of the bezel insert

can't waaaait to have the pepsi

hope you changed your mind and kept it ctzn!!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!by-design You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I LOVE this watch. I have been wanting vintage pepsi forever. Good luck with the sale.

As for the stolen equipment though I feel so bad for you! Id die if someone stole my gear. That said though, I have insurace for all of my stuff now. I had a flash stolen out of my house and it was covered.

Last edited by by-design; 07-31-2012 at 09:45 AM.