Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Bermuda vs. Nassau vs. Cancun vs. Jamaica vs. San Juan vs. Aruba

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
For culture and perhaps some exploring/adventure id say San Juan. For partying and nightlife and being single - 100% Nassau. With all the tourists that come through there from all over the world, being a single guy in Nassau is like shooting fish in a barrel. So many cool places to go during the day and the nightlife there is awesome. Add in the Atlantis for gambling/pool time/etc and that is 100% my vote.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
^approved

Old 11-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
For culture and perhaps some exploring/adventure id say San Juan. For partying and nightlife and being single - 100% Nassau. With all the tourists that come through there from all over the world, being a single guy in Nassau is like shooting fish in a barrel. So many cool places to go during the day and the nightlife there is awesome. Add in the Atlantis for gambling/pool time/etc and that is 100% my vote.
What I think I might do it hit Nassau and then bounce down to Aruba before I come back...

Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JuiceBox
What I think I might do it hit Nassau and then bounce down to Aruba before I come back...
That is a good idea. Keep me posted on the dates you will be in Nassau....if i am there (i have a friend there i visit often) we can party likes its 2007

Old 11-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I've been to all of those many times. If you are a single guy, going on your own then I would definitely suggest Nassau. I would suggest staying at the Cove at Atlantis vs. the big towers at Atlantis. There are lot's of good bars and some good clubs. Cruise ships come in daily with with fresh supplies of women, so that's a huge plus.

Here's the breakdown from my viewpoint:

Bermuda- It's super nice, but you need to bring you're own play pals. It's a place to go with someone.

Nassau- stated above. It's very commercial, and just another city on an island. However, it will be the most fun for a single guy.

Cancun- not that special, I would rather go to Playa del Carmen or Acapulco. But if you want to go nuts and meet lots of trashy smashed college chicks then the obvious choice is to go during spring break. I've been once for that, had a great time and I will not be going again ever.

Montego Bay- I love this place and it's very nice, but you will need to go with someone. Other wise bring your favorite lube and you will have many beautiful places to enjoy yourself.

San Juan- it's nice and fun, but it's like Miami with an old Spanish city in the middle and not as many cool bars and restaurants. If you want to have a blast, and see the same exact type of old fortified spanish city, and meet lot's of fun loving single people then go to Cartagena Colombia.

Aruba- it's cool. As stated before it's basically a desert island. Still pretty though. I have a few friends that live there and Curacao. Lot's of large all inclusive resorts, so it's up to you. Just not my thing. It's lots of fun if you go during Carnaval, otherwise you had better be an avid fan of Golf or Diving.

Punta Cana- you've been there so no need to get into that.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
^^^ Awesome review ^^^

I couldnt agree more with your summary of Nassau, Cancun (i too would rather be in Playa Del Carmen), and San Jaun (basically Miami with even less white people LOL!).

Seriously, the Cove at Atlantis is the ticket --- although its not cheap. But your flight was free so buck up man hahahahahaha.

Do i smell a Nassau TeamSpeed Meet 2012?!?!?!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for the late reply. Night life isn't as great in Aruba. I went there on my honeymoon and it was perfect, but there are better 'party' places.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
I've been to all of those many times. If you are a single guy, going on your own then I would definitely suggest Nassau. I would suggest staying at the Cove at Atlantis vs. the big towers at Atlantis. There are lot's of good bars and some good clubs. Cruise ships come in daily with with fresh supplies of women, so that's a huge plus.

Here's the breakdown from my viewpoint:

Bermuda- It's super nice, but you need to bring you're own play pals. It's a place to go with someone.

Nassau- stated above. It's very commercial, and just another city on an island. However, it will be the most fun for a single guy.

Cancun- not that special, I would rather go to Playa del Carmen or Acapulco. But if you want to go nuts and meet lots of trashy smashed college chicks then the obvious choice is to go during spring break. I've been once for that, had a great time and I will not be going again ever.

Montego Bay- I love this place and it's very nice, but you will need to go with someone. Other wise bring your favorite lube and you will have many beautiful places to enjoy yourself.

San Juan- it's nice and fun, but it's like Miami with an old Spanish city in the middle and not as many cool bars and restaurants. If you want to have a blast, and see the same exact type of old fortified spanish city, and meet lot's of fun loving single people then go to Cartagena Colombia.

Aruba- it's cool. As stated before it's basically a desert island. Still pretty though. I have a few friends that live there and Curacao. Lot's of large all inclusive resorts, so it's up to you. Just not my thing. It's lots of fun if you go during Carnaval, otherwise you had better be an avid fan of Golf or Diving.

Punta Cana- you've been there so no need to get into that.
wow that was amazing. Thank you very much.

As far as Aruba, I've been to to Curacao...about the same? I would love to go to Colombia but alas its not on my list of places I can fly. I dont golf but I do dive.

Jon as you know I have been partying a fair bit recently and wouldn't mind going somewhere where I wasn't temped to do that every night haha. I think the answer here is I need to find a chick to come with me and then I can go to somewhere other than Nassau. Unless we have a TS meet...in that case she can stay home and im down for Nassau lol

Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
On my way to San Juan right now I'll tell you how it is.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Been to all... with 10 trips to the Bahamas, 2 trips to Aruba, 2 trips to Jamaica... the rest I have only visited once each.

Everyone here goes to Aruba with their family. Never pictured it as a place to go as a single guy. Same goes for Bermuda, which IMO is quite similar to Aruba, but with less to do. Aruba gets crazy wind as well... like an abnormal amount of wind, which IMO is annoying.

Montego Bay is OK at best. Jamaica is probably my least favorite island in the Caribbean. Very ghetto outside of the major resorts; you never feel safe.

Cancun is wild and trashy, but attracts a very young crowd. Cabo, Pulco, and Puerto Vallarta are all better Mexican locations.

For a single guy, I don't think you can beat the Hard Rock @ Punta Cana...

Quick Reply: Bermuda vs. Nassau vs. Cancun vs. Jamaica vs. San Juan vs. Aruba