Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/)
-   -   Bermuda vs. Nassau vs. Cancun vs. Jamaica vs. San Juan vs. Aruba (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/66391-bermuda-vs-nassau-vs-cancun-vs-jamaica-vs-san-juan-vs-aruba.html)

JuiceBox 11-08-2011 09:35 PM

Bermuda vs. Nassau vs. Cancun vs. Jamaica vs. San Juan vs. Aruba

So long story short I got bumped from a flight and in return they gave me free 3 round trip tickets to anywhere AirTran flys. I asked and yes, it really does mean ANYWHERE they fly. Right now I am only doing freelance work and have loads of free time on my hands so I think it might be time to do some traveling. It's starting to get chilly here in NY so I think its time to hit the tropics. Here are my options...

Bermuda
Nassau (may have been there...forgot)
Cancun
Montego Bay (Jamaica)
San Juan
Aruba
Punta Cana (been there so last on my list)

I have never been to any of these places before except Punta Cana like I mentioned. Anyone have any experiences with these places? Thanks.

diskreet 11-08-2011 11:02 PM

I've been to Bermuda, Cancun, San Juan and Aruba. By far, Aruba was my favorite. The people are awesome, and even though the island is a desert island, it's beautiful. There's plenty to do - lots of beaches, amazing restaurants (gotta eat at Papiamento!) and plenty to do on the little island.

Bermuda was expensive and felt a lot like the US, but it was just stunning there. Felt more crowded than Aruba.

Cancun felt trashy, and I doubt I'll ever feel the need to go back. Just didn't like it.

Maitre_Absolut 11-08-2011 11:16 PM

i've been to the atlantis in the bahamas, id recommend it

JuiceBox 11-08-2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by diskreet (Post 1146936)
I've been to Bermuda, Cancun, San Juan and Aruba. By far, Aruba was my favorite. The people are awesome, and even though the island is a desert island, it's beautiful. There's plenty to do - lots of beaches, amazing restaurants (gotta eat at Papiamento!) and plenty to do on the little island.

Bermuda was expensive and felt a lot like the US, but it was just stunning there. Felt more crowded than Aruba.

Cancun felt trashy, and I doubt I'll ever feel the need to go back. Just didn't like it.

I've been leaning towards Aruba. Any sort of night life to speak of?

Speed888 11-08-2011 11:36 PM

IMO you cant go past Aruba

JuiceBox 11-08-2011 11:59 PM

also, im single and most likely going by myself...does that change anything?

Barrister 11-09-2011 12:01 AM

Hell. Why don't you just stay home!

JuiceBox 11-09-2011 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Barrister (Post 1146987)
Hell. Why don't you just stay home!

because I got home from SEMA on Monday and im boreddddd

Barrister 11-09-2011 02:22 AM

Ha Ha! That makes total sense. :)

esthetique 11-09-2011 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by JuiceBox (Post 1147065)
because I got home from SEMA on Monday and im boreddddd

Post your pics dude! I know you must got lots.