Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Eating our way through Taiwan 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Eating our way through Taiwan 2011

Woke up early since we are all trying to adjust to the 15 hour time difference, so we walked to this traditional Taiwanese breakfast place and had some freshly made soy milk (yeah, from soy beans that they milled a few hours ago) dipped in fried dough with eggs in a Taiwanese bun.

I have been trying to find a place in the SG Valley with edible version of this, but after years of trying, I have come to the conclusion that they just don't exist, even in the SG Valley where you can find pretty decent approximation of just about all kinds of Chinese food.

Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Multigrain bread at the original 85 degree in Taipei.

Surprisingly, the OC branch tastes the same.

No wonder the line in the OC branch is always nuts.

Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't know 85 deg was originally in Taiwan. I was just there 2 weeks ago. My folks live down the road on Jamboree. I just got coffee though because as good as their bread is, I ain't waiting in those lines for food.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by bonehead
I didn't know 85 deg was originally in Taiwan. I was just there 2 weeks ago. My folks live down the road on Jamboree. I just got coffee though because as good as their bread is, I ain't waiting in those lines for food.
No waiting here.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
So, I was going to get some fried porkchop over rice and it started drizzling when I walked out of the hotel, so I thought I would just get some frozen Chinese food from their 7/11 equivalent.

I for the stewed beef over rice and the beef with egg sauce over rice for about 4 bucks total. They even heat it up for you after you pay for it.

Crazy thing is, it tastes better than a lot of places in the SG Valley.

Interesting that the Coke in Taiwan has both HFCS AND Cane sugar.

Attached Images     
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Taiwanese riceball, which is a variation of the Japanese kind.

With shreded pork, pickled veggies, fried egg with scallion.

Oh yeah, it's one USD.

Attached Images  

Last edited by stuka; 09-02-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Eat your heart out Bonehead!

Steamed pork bun, two for a buck.

Then wash it down with one of these.

Attached Images   
Old 09-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
A trip overseas is not complete without some good ole American fried apple pie from McDonalds that ironically is no longer available in America.

Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
After the kids passed out from jetlag, I went across street and got some Taiwanese style donkatsu (fried pork chop over rice) and the awesomest oyster vermicelli with chilli, garlic, and cilantro.

Attached Images     
Old 09-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Pineapple (that's what it's called, but it actually has no pineapple in it) bread from 85 degree.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Eating our way through Taiwan 2011